WnSoft Forums

Video Clips

jimlarkey

Hello,

As jimlarkey saids: "Many of the point-and-shoot cameras include the video-clip feature", and I think that many (typically younger?) users of these cameras will like video inclusion. The next feature to be asked for will be stylish show templates. Throw your images and videos into your slide show tool, press a button, and ready is the show. But are these users the typical customers of PTE? I do not believe it.

Best regards

Xaver H.

Munich

I am rather concerned at the current - and developing - line of thought which constantly wants otherwise excellent programs to extend their capability further and further, in this case pushing for PTE to allow embedded video clips, despite PTE's technology using the GPU to render excellent images making it unsuitable for including far inferior quality video images.

Colin

Careful, Colin..............I believe that the latest version of Photoshop now has the capability to load video clips and edit stills!!!

wideangle.

Why doesn't someone invent mouse-flavoured cat food?

Careful, Colin..............I believe that the latest version of Photoshop now has the capability to load video clips and edit stills!!! (But it's still a lousy word processor! - Colin)

wideangle.

Apples and Oranges, Wide, old boy. Photoshop is an image editing program; PTE is a slide show program.

One costs $US 600, the other $US 20. Next, you'll be wanting your Toyota to perform like a BMW :)

(That is not to be taken as implying that PTE is a Toyota - in its field, PTE is a Porche, or [insert your make of choice here])

Colin

Colin

quote from Barry :)

Ken

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=50978

Most users don't require a handout because they have a pirate copy.

--------------------

www.beckhamdigital.co.uk

Probably true. However, if I had a bootleg copy of a program like Photoshop, renowned for phoning home, and I saw my traffic indicator saying there was outgoing traffic, I would be rather worried that it was potting me.

But, even pirate copies don't negate the general argument of horses for courses, and video is not (yet) a course for PTE. Personally, if it takes some sort of compromise on quality to allow PTE to accept video, I would oppose it. Given the - I'll come right out and say it - crappy images from video, Proshow is more than adequate for that purpose.

Cheers,

Colin