WnSoft Forums

Object text attributes (font, colour, etc.) to be a Project Option

There has been some discussion recently about the need to constantly reselect text font, colour etc when using text objects in O&A. See thread here:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8151

I hope Colin doesn't mind me hijacking his thread like this but I support his suggestion that it would be nice to make our choice "stick". Perhaps we could have a new Project Option where we can specifiy our preference for text font, colour, bold, italic, underscore, etc when working with text objects. Then we would need to change this only when we wanted a different text style on a particular object.

Having such an option would make the choice of text font in a text object like the choice of transition effect. We set our preference and then can over-ride it if and when we want to.

Over to the programming wizards!

Ken,

In the situation you describe, you had no option but to customise each image on an individual basis. In Colin's case he was trying to get a common look and feel throughout his sequence. I, too, have had been through the process of adding a piece of text to every one of 245 images in a long sequence. It can be a real pain; constantly having to reselect the font and the colour. And, yes, I know you can use copy & paste to speed things up. But surely, anything that adds "ease of use" in some situations without adding more work for those who work in a different manner has to be a good thing, doesn't it?

I would like to go a little bit further. Wouldn't it be nice to have (beside factory default values) user defined default values referring to other subjects, as well (aspect ratio, time interval, effect duration, effects, etc.). Example: I myself do not like the randomly chosen effects, and it is one of my first actions to change the effects to simple alpha-blending. I'd like to fix this as my default setting.

Kind regards

Xaver H.

Munich

Xaver,

You can do exactly what you want as follows:

- Open a new project in PTE: no need to add any images, in fact it's best if you don't

- Work through all the Project Option tabs, setting the values that you prefer

- Save this project as a Template by doing File...Templates...Create Template from this show, giving it a name of your choice

- Then set your newly created template as the default by doing File...Templates...Manage templates

- In the pop-up window, ensure that the box "Default template for new projects" is ticked

- Use the button immediately under that box to choose your new template

You can set up as many different templates as you like but only one can be your default template.

Having such an option would make the choice of text font in a text object like the choice of transition effect. We set our preference and then can over-ride it if and when we want to.

I totally agree.

Now we can save current shadow as template : O/A window | "Common" tab | "Customize" button | "Drop shadow templates" button | "Save current shadow as

template..."

It would be a nice addition if we could save current text as template too (including font, color, size, position, line spacing, alignment, shadow, etc...). :)