WnSoft Forums

Last improved version

boxig

After some suggestions and requests from members, and a lot of help from nobeefstu, new interface and new features, the program for distributing your presentations on a CD.

Version 1 of "PresentationsList" to download from:

http://beechbrook.com/pte/

It comes in a setup program (with uninstall, in case you don't like it).

Important new features:

You can choose your original names of presentation.

You can uninstall file you choose.

A small red mark indicate if the presentation is installed.

Full screen, new colors, autorun file included.

Please your comments here.

Last version? Aww... c'mon...

Especially when "full screen" does not seem to really be full screen. Why have a little box with the program titles, etc centered in the middle of a sea of purple when you could really use the full screen for this?? What if the title to my show was "Photos from my trip to the San Francisco Zoo with Particular Focus on the Polar Bears" ? (I don't think that would fit in that little box). Can the menu not REALLY take up the full screen? You would also not have to spread the 60 titles over 3 menus.

How about including a Version Number on the main screen too?

(Gee... it's hard to get good help anymore... (LOL) B) )

Seriously... I -do- appreciate your great work on this program, but for use "old guys" with aging eyes, working in a little box when you have a big 19" monitor seems silly.

Much better name for your show will be

"Photographs from me and my friends' trip in last July to the excellent San Francisco Zoo with Particular Focus on the sex life of the Polar Bears in summer" - Huuuum, that's very interesting show.

Do you need clock with seconds or minutes only will do ?

And what color you want the clock ?

Ok, ok, I'm working on it. This is only version 1 (not even 1.01)

"Polar bears of San Francisco Zoo" fits perfect.

Truelight. I have a different feeling. I think that Granot and nobeefstu have made a very nice contribution, that, as any human production, can be perfectible. And they certainly will be working on that program. I think that positive opinions surely are majority in the appreciation of forum members.

BTW. It´s blue now, not purple.

If you mean that you want a start menu as for example ProShowGold has it for executables, that might eventually be a different story. It´s nice, too, but I think Small is Beautiful (of course not for everything!).

Regards

Ernst

Boxig and others ... please dont give me so much credit in this venture.

I have aided Boxig in writing some SCRIPTS for this PresentationLists Utility ... so I more or less acted in the capacity as a Teacher or Tutor . How Boxig applied these scripts is his creativity.

All Credit and work should be well served to Boxig ... as it is all his imigination and development that made this utility what it is ... :blink:

... Thanks for the plug anyhow ... B)

Now you're learning what Igor goes through.... B)

Seriously though... only using a tiny box in the middle of the screen reminds me of the folks who spend $$ for huge monitors and then work in a tiny window, never maximizing it to full screen. Guess I'm quirky that way, but I want to snatch the mouse from their hand and yell at them -- maximize it!!

Thanks again for your work. Don't let my critique and suggestions make you think you're unappreciated. :)

• 6 months later...

I need some help, please.

I unzipped "PresentationList_setup.zip" and click on this file "PresentationList_setup.exe" and here you say: "Important to read the readme file" but I can't see this file in the directory? Have I done something wrong so please enlighten me? :P

Hello tinem,

This was one of my first utilities and as far as I remember there is a button called "How to make a presentations CD". This will open the long help file which explain step by step how to do it.

You can check also other similar utilities like "MultiCD". Check also this page for comparing features of some utilities for making CD:

HERE.

If you have any question please ask.

All my utilities for PTE are HERE.

Granot