WnSoft Forums

Transitioning from the desktop

I know this is just going to gall some people that I am bringing this subject up again, but about the desktop transitioning feature that was removed with 5.x because of the problems it caused...

There have been a few times I wish this effect was still available. I have a suggestion that would seem to work, though it does not exactly duplicate the original effect. This is no doubt not an original idea, but I couldn't find a thread to match this idea.

If PicturesToEXE had the ability to call a program (and waited) before the slideshow ran and could bring in an external JPG file at runtime, a similar effect could be created. I wrote a very simple GUI-less program that when it was run would capture the current screen to a JPG file. I then used that file as the first slide in a presentation with no transition effect. When I ran the created EXE from the desktop I previously captured, there was only the slightest flicker and then my "desktop" faded into my presentation.

Just an idea.

UPDATE: I just found out that an external app could be run on each slide, so if only PTE could bring in an external slide at runtime...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave

I really liked the transition to/from the desktop as well and wish it could be re-incarnated, to me it added another finishing

touch to an excellent piece of software. Sounds like you are working your way around it but it would be fantastic

to have it as part of the project options again...

AndyM

• 3 weeks later...
We will try to return this feature back to the next version 5.6

Igor,

You are a star; if you can reinstate this feature it would put the icing on the cake for me.

Tom