WnSoft Forums

More than 2 keyframes : sections should not be glued

If you have more than 2 keyframes, I think the sections should be "separated" by default and not "glued "like they are right now.

Let's take a simple example : 3 keyframes => 2 sections.

The default speed options (pan/zoom/rotate) for those 2 sections are "linear".

If you apply "smooth" for pan, it is like you have only 2 keyframes (1 and 3), the 2nd one is ignored. You have to separate the sections in the setting up speed options to make this 2nd keypoint effective.

But if you apply "linear" back, you do not have to separate the sections because separate and glued sections for linear animations behave the same way.

With "linear" option, the keyframes are never ignored but they are with other options.

In my opinion, it's confusing. Whatever the speed options choosed, it should respect the same logic.

And if you add a keyframe, it means you want it to take effect, whatever the speed option choosed.

Hi Dom,

I agree. It always seemed logical to me that when "smooth" or any of the other non-linear functions were selected except "custom" then the keypoints "should" be separated automatically. This would greatly reduce the time necessary to achieve the desired goal. With multiple keypoints and multiple slides it becomes very time-consuming to first do everything in linear then go back, change the PZR to smooth then go in and manually separate each keypoint.

The same utility could be achieved in terms of versatility by having "custom" act like it does now. Then if the user wanted smooth between keypoints one two and three they could "separate" then if they wanted accelerate between three and four and "slow" between four and file they could "customize" it within the framework of "Custom" rather than having to do this for each keypoint pair when all that is desired is to have "smooth," etc., for the entire slide.

Best regards,

Lin

What parameters would be put as default value for a section? I am not sure that we spend less time if for instance it was smooth for all section for instance. I really find it's better as it is. For linear, there are no problem to have all the sections linear, not for smooth or other.

My problem today with this function is that when you have for instance a pan + zoom and you put smooth, the movment isn't correct, and it's a real problem.

My problem today with this function is that when you have for instance a pan + zoom and you put smooth, the movment isn't correct, and it's a real problem.

Hello Jean-Pierre,

When I progam a pan and a zoom at the same time, I normally use for for both exactly the same keypoints, and for each consecutive pair of keypoints I use for pan and zoom exactly the same speed profile.

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

Hello all,

we all seem to like smooth animations. Pans via several keypoints always follow a polygonal curve, if the components are set to "smooth" or not. Wouldn't it be a nice feature to to have really smooth curves?

Best regards

Xaver H.

Munich

Hi Guys,

Having a default for more than two keypoints set to a non-linear function to "separate" by default when one of the non-linear movements is selected rather than "glue" would not prevent one from using the "Custom" function to do everything possible as it is now, it would only facilitate the ease of use of features like smooth movement.

As it is now, if I elect to have "smooth" for all my slides and I have 30 slides and each has perhaps on average six keyframes, I must create the slideshow in linear then go back to each slide, change the P&Z&R to "smooth" then separate six glued keypoints times three for each of PZR for 30 slides. This takes considerable time.

By making separate the default one would only need to select smooth (or accelerate or slow, etc.) for each slide for PZR. It would still be possible to select "Custom" and program each pair of keyframes to suit and change the default curves in any way desired.

It seems to me to just be an enormous time saver.

Best regards,

Lin

rather than "glue" would not prevent one from using the "Custom" function to do everything possible as it is now

I need to be able to have the value for each keypoint for an effect when we put smooth or other on it on all the duration of the effect.

I use that when I want to have an effect which continue on several slides. When I have to do that, I create a new slide with a duration equal to the x slides on which will be the effect, then I create the effect (pan for instance, then I put smooth or other, and after I create keypoints at a place similar to the beginning and end of each effects betweeen 2 slides, I have just to copie the values that PTE give me in the different slides which have part of the pan and put the correct function (but never smooth) on the different section of the slides. So, it's the reason for which I want PTE doesn't change anything in order the values I have to day stay good in the future. If with "Custom" we can do as now, no problem for me.

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Yes, that suggestion would be correct - the only thing which would change would be that you would no longer need to "separate" manually all the keypoints pairs when you apply a non-linear movement function. You could still have the option of deciding which pairs to glue or separate with the "Custom" feature so keypoint values would not be affected differently than now, just time saved in applying templated (smooth, accelerate, slow) non-linear functions to new slides.

In other words, no loss in usefulness or changes in existing values, just a savings of time.

Best regards,

Lin

I need to be able to have the value for each keypoint for an effect when we put smooth or other on it on all the duration of the effect.

I use that when I want to have an effect which continue on several slides. When I have to do that, I create a new slide with a duration equal to the x slides on which will be the effect, then I create the effect (pan for instance, then I put smooth or other, and after I create keypoints at a place similar to the beginning and end of each effects betweeen 2 slides, I have just to copie the values that PTE give me in the different slides which have part of the pan and put the correct function (but never smooth) on the different section of the slides. So, it's the reason for which I want PTE doesn't change anything in order the values I have to day stay good in the future. If with "Custom" we can do as now, no problem for me.