WnSoft Forums

Music skipping... what do I do?

I'm bought the newest version of PTE (Deluxe 5.1) today and used the Burn DVD-Video disc feature in the File menu to create a DVD of about 120 pictures with four song soundtracks totalling a little more than 10 minutes of video. The soundtrack skips really bad... what can I do to fix it?

I really need help and quick... anyone?

Laura

I'm bought the newest version of PTE (Deluxe 5.1) today and used the Burn DVD-Video disc feature in the File menu to create a DVD of about 120 pictures with four song soundtracks totalling a little more than 10 minutes of video. The soundtrack skips really bad... what can I do to fix it?

Laura

Laura,

Please use the contact form at http://www.peoplesoftheworld.org/contact.jsp to send me a message with your e-mail address. I'll then respond with instructions/help.

Ray

Laura,

To answer your problem we would need more data/details about your PC.

1)

Can we have the: Make & Model of your PC ?

2)

What Operating System is it using: 2000, XP, Vista ?

3)

What format of Music Files are you using: Wav, Mp3 ?

4)

On average what sizes are: your Pictures ?

Armed with this data there are many Forum Members who could help you.

Brian.Conflow.

We've narrowed the problem down to the following possibilities:

1. DVD Burner

2. DVD Player connected to TV

3. Laura's Computer

Laura sent me her zipped PTE files and I took the four music selections, brought them into Audacity, removed excess space from the ends of each, combined them into a single mp3 and burned multiple copies of the slideshow. The copies work perfectly on my two external DVD Players connected to two different television receivers.

I zipped the modified PTE and Laura downloaded it and burned a DVD with identical problems with sound. I'm sending her a burned copy to try on her system and she will borrow an external burner and try that. We've eliminated PTE and Video Builder as the culprit. The remaining elements will be quickly eliminated when she gets the properly burned copy to test on her external player. If it has sound problems then the issue is the external DVD Player/TV combination. If it works properly the probability is that it is her internal DVD burner and using a borrowed one will hopefully eliminate the internal burner from the equation.

These type issues are difficult to trace when one has only a single system to work with, but we will get this worked out and this may solve problems for others as well.

Best regards,

Lin

Laura

Lin & Laura,

It would have been nice to know what Make & Model of PC you have ?

I had asked that question earlier this morning, purely for the reason

that you recently upgraded your Pte.4.48 to Pte.5.10 and after all

the corrective work Lin has done for you ~ you still have the problem

on your PC.

This begs the question:-

Did you have these 'sound problems' when running PTE.4.48 or with any

other Program ?

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Brian,

We must wait until next week when Laura returns home from a family emergency which took her and the family away to find out more. She has just begun making DVD's so no history to rely on.

We don't know that the problem is her PC because she burned the DVD's then played them on an external player connected to a TV. I don't believe she has played them on the computer at all yet. The one's I created for her are enroute now so when she returns late this weekend we will explore the problem further. She is going to try to borrow an external burner to test with. If the problem still remains we can then eliminate her internal burner and narrow it down to the PC or external player connected to TV. If the DVD's I sent her work properly on her external player we can eliminate that and concentrate on the PC.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin & Laura,

It would have been nice to know what Make & Model of PC you have ?

I had asked that question earlier this morning, purely for the reason

that you recently upgraded your Pte.4.48 to Pte.5.10 and after all

the corrective work Lin has done for you ~ you still have the problem

on your PC.

This begs the question:-

Did you have these 'sound problems' when running PTE.4.48 or with any

other Program ?

Brian.Conflow.

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the reply ~ I can't help saying that a lot of things don't add up here,

well at least, not in my mind. I would have thought that everybody would know

the Make & Model of their PC and in consideration of the 'urgency of the problem'

that data alone could have 'eliminated' many ponderables.

Guess we have just got to wait and see...

Regards,

Brian.

Brian

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=53829

quote" Hey Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have another program and have not made DVD's to play on a regular DVD player before. I think I'm going to go and buy the complete new version of the software.... I hope that works. Maybe I can get reimbursed for the $20 that I paid for the upgrade. I really love pics2exe, but I wish there was a help number I could call and acutally talk to someone. Posting on the forum and getting replies that haven't worked for two days is so frustrating!!!"

people think that making dvd's is a piece of cake -- in some instances it is but other times it is very frustrating

with all the dvd's i have made, i still have problems at times

am in the process of learning how my new desktop dvd player burner works - am trying to set up recording from a separate vcr -- paricular tape is how to prevent strokes -- good thing dvd's are cheap -- hope it doesnt bring on another stroke:(

ken

Ken,

I had read Laura' comments and the helpful replies Posted here. My research shows that Laura started

this 'Project' way back in August 2007. Yes, it is getting a little 'long in the tooth' and these issues can be

quickly resolved once she provides the 'requested data' which is so vital in order to isolate and identify

and fix her particular application problem.

However let's wait and see if that 'data' becomes available...

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Actually that's wrong data. Laura has a photography business and her project is for a wedding engagement party next week. She tried to upgrade to PTE 5.1 deluxe just a few days ago but couldn't figure out how to buy the upgrade only. It's not real clear on the web that you only need to click on "buy now" and then choose from a drop-down menu. Once she had purchased the upgrade she couldn't get the registration key to work so she also purchased the whole 5.1 deluxe packgage just a couple days ago and has not been able to get a DVD burned with correct sound. The deadline promised her client for the DVD which is to be tested for use on the equipment at the facility where the party will be held next week is today. She will make that deadline with the burned DVD I sent her overnight.

A family emergency took her out of town until late Tomorrow night and when she returns we will know more about the cause of the problem. Her system is between two and three years old so she is using XP. She hasn't had time yet to run dxdiag to find out details but when she returns she will have an additional copy of the known good DVD and we will be able to test it on her external DVD player to eliminate or pin that as a problem. If it plays properly on her external DVD player then we know the problem is isolated to her system. She will borrow an external DVD burner to burn a copy using the known good PTE file I sent her. If that works then we have pinpointed the internal DVD player as the culprit. If it doesn't work we have isolated the problem to the computer and can begin to look further.

Best regards,

Lin

Ken,

I had read Laura' comments and the helpful replies Posted here. My research shows that Laura started

this 'Project' way back in August 2007. Yes, it is getting a little 'long in the tooth' and these issues can be

quickly resolved once she provides the 'requested data' which is so vital in order to isolate and identify

and fix her particular application problem.

However let's wait and see if that 'data' becomes available...

Brian.

Lin,

I appreciate what you said above ~ however I stand by my statement, this Project was started last year.

That is unless I'm dreaming, or the Calander is wrong below ~ thats possible !!! but at the end of the day

where is the PC data ? for without it everything is speculation ~ thats the point I am making, and by my

own admission, I expect we have to wait for that input.

Brian.

Lin see Lauras' Profile

Dated Snap-Shot below:-

29th August 2007.

post-1416-1212271677_thumb.jpg

Hi Brian,

Same person, totally different project. She had downloaded 5.0 and gave up on making DVD's until she downloaded the deluxe and couldn't get the registration key to work a few days ago.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I appreciate what you said above ~ however I stand by my statement, this Project was started last year.

That is unless I'm dreaming, or the Calander is wrong below ~ thats possible !!! but at the end of the day

where is the PC data ? for without it everything is speculation ~ thats the point I am making, and by my

own admission, I expect we have to wait for that input.

Brian.

Lin see Lauras' Profile

Dated Snap-Shot below:-

29th August 2007.