WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #3

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #3

http://www.picturestoexe.com/apr_beta.zip

What's new in this beta:

* Fixed minor bug of beta #1/2 when new button to choose application

in the "Customize slide window" didn't work.

* Fixed very old bug when you copy slide it didn't remember color of

text comment in the personalized slides

* Fixed two bugs of previous v4.10 beta #1 and beta #2.

New music player didn't work under Windows NT 4.0 and it had a problem with playing of MIDI under Windows 95. Both problems are fully fixed now.

p.s. please let us know how new beta works.

Congratulations on the new version - I have had it working perfectly and I love being able to customize pictures from the timeline.

I wonder if there is any way of selecting multiple pictures for customization yet. I know that you were going to try to include this in the new version and wonder whether it can be done or whether it is going to be included in later betas. The improvements keep coming with every new version and it seems ungrateful to ask about this - but it would be very useful!

Eddie

Problem when using sound comment for individual slides. I have recreated some old slide shows using v4.10 beta #2. Synched shows with small mp3 files (birdsongs) associated with about half the slides. This has resulted in brief (1/10 sec) but consistent hang ups, only on slides with associated mp3 files. I resaved the shows using v4.00 and the problem disappeared.

Limey

Igor:

I am making a show for a friend's son's wedding - I've been given about 225 images and nine songs to use (ripped w/freerip, edited w/audacity), totalling about 16 minutes of musci, so about 4 secs/slide. Sync to music selected.

Soooo...the show hangs up at various points...at different points when I test the show the slides stop advancing normally and the next song won't play. The images sometimes flash on screen. I'm using 500ms transitions, so there isn't any problem w/transition/display time overlap.

Have you experienced any problems w/multiple songs in your testing? I am going to combine the songs into one large MP3 since I have to finish this quickly to meet the due date, but wondering if you can look into using multiple songs...there still appears to be problems in that area (maybe w/larger numbers of songs, don't remember seeing this with three songs), and selecting and ordering more than one song is a key usability feature of PTE.

Dana

I am running beta #3 on Windows XP (AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 1.54 GHz, 768MB RAM) and have intermittent problems with everything freezing when using the Customize Synchronization window. This has happened twice when clicking the preview button and once when clicking the OK button. The only way out is to ctrl+alt+del and to shut the program down with the loss of unsaved work.

This may, oc course, be something to do with my PC but I have not had problems with any other programs (incluing earlier versions of pte).

Eddie