WnSoft Forums

shows to DVD

I know the slideshows are created as an exe file but I would like to know if anyone knows an easy way to make them play in a standard DVD player. I create shows of weddings to allow the couple to choose images for their albums but not everyone can sit around a computer monitor. It would be ideal if the presentation could be shown on a TV via a DVD player. Any suggestions?

Ray

• 3 weeks later...

I have been interested in an answer to this query and the http://www.barcin.net/forum/ suggested does not appear to be up and running.

Is it possible, does anyone know how we can save our PTE file to a DVD and have it play automatically?

bbdigital

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry it is not working. I had hoped to help even though I don't know enough to help directly. I think most of us here, finally decided the use of PTE for DVD, at this time, is "not worth it." There are a few members that have achieved very good results, but certainly not "easily." There are several commercial softwares that "easily" make dvd slide shows, but they lack all the wonderful features and visual quality of PTE. If you want to pursue the barcin.net problem, you can email Bart on his barcin.net. He also is still on this forum and might pick up on this for you. Also, you may be able to take a broader view on his site and trace down some info. Or maybe one of the few who in this forum who have really pursued this will come forward with enough specific info for you to decide what is "worth it" for you. Good luck.

Barry, I am editing this post to add - there is no doubt in my mind, that if you decide it is "worth it", you can do it. Your work with PTE and your PS info, all the tutorials (which I have not had priviledge of using) are all outstanding. So it is clear that you have the technical inclination to combine with your artistic prowess. All I am saying above is that I have decided, so far, that my always-limited time is better devoted to other photographic/av directions. It would be really nice if you do pursue this and maybe even come up with a more practical solution that we could all embrace.

I will mention here, the great experience I enjoyed last night as I watched your "Yosemite" AV. So beautifully done it really makes an impact. I thank you for such great work. There is a lot of enjoyment emerging from that and other AV's you have posted, but I think that is my favorite - for now.

ProShow Gold does make DVD's of most anything. However, in my experience, I caution you that it seems to fade slides dramatically!

You will need to completely remake your PTE shows within ProShow before going DVD, but it does work easily enough.

Bill

I know the slideshows are created as an exe file but I would like to know if anyone knows an easy way to make them play in a standard DVD player. I create shows of weddings to allow the couple to choose images for their albums but not everyone can sit around a computer monitor. It would be ideal if the presentation could be shown on a TV via a DVD player. Any suggestions?

Ray

Ray

Try a piece of software called Photos on CD & DVD by Magix, I have cerated a few shows using it and they are great, scrolling text for titles and a large array of transitions.

Use a search engine to find their nearest stockist to you.

Hope this has been of some help and I am sorry to have had to plug another piece of software over our beloved P2e.

Tom