WnSoft Forums

Customize Slide

When customizing many slides it is presently necessary to open and close the "Customize slide" dialog box for each slide.

Can a features be added that allow:

1) the ability to "arrow through" slides leaving the dialog box open such as we can do in the O&A window?

2) the ability to leave the dialog box open and click on the slide we desire to customize?

This would make customizing many consecutive slides much faster and less error-prone

Hi,

Yes I agree. It's another little niggle I have found.

Just to clarify I take it you mean to "arrow through" slides with the dialog box open in both Slide View and in O&A view.

I believe that these relatively minor changes can make a great difference to user satisfaction. Particularly for new users.

Regards

John

If you want to make the same change to several slides all you need to do is select them in the Slide List (via Shift+Click for a range or Ctrl+Click for a collection) and then make the change. It gets propagated to all the selected slides.

Peter,

I agree with what you say.

However, if you want to make slightly different changes to each slide then you can't do it that way.

I have for instance, just this afternoon, had to take 160ms off each of 25 slides all of which have different timings.

A minor pain which would have been lessened had this facility been available.

Regards

John

P.S. - This, and my related post, are not criticisms of PTE, simply suggestions that could make it smoother in operation, perhaps with little effort (says he who hasn't a clue as to what would be involved!!).

If you want to make the same change to several slides all you need to do is select them in the Slide List (via Shift+Click for a range or Ctrl+Click for a collection) and then make the change. It gets propagated to all the selected slides.

Hello Peter,

It is may impression that this is not what Bobo wants to have. He just dislikes to open and close the Customize Slide Window again and again, which he has to do if he does not want the same settings for all slides.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

That's why I proposed tighter integration of the O&A window in a separate thread. If the O&A window was more tightly integrated with the main window then it would be possible to have the "Customize Slide" tabs appear where the "Properties, Common and Animation" tabs appear and it would then be possible to step through the main images maing adjustments on whichever tab you wanted.

But like you, John, I have no idea how complicated it would be to program this. And would those who have used PTE for more years than I have be willing to accept a totally different layout of info and a different way of working? Personally, if a new layout and a new working method, which might take time to become familiar with, were to make things easier in the long run, then I'm all for it.

As an alternative approach to presenting all this info in different parts of the PTE window,; should Igor and his team move towards "floating palettes" like Photoshop has? We could then decide which ones we wanted open and where they were to be in the window. Now that would be total user flexibility!

(If this has hijacked the thread, I apologise unreservedly)