WnSoft Forums

Will we ever be able to make a flash video so that we do not have to keep downloading the exe files. Now there's a good idea, it will also make it easier to put on our web pages for marketing and the like, and even sending them to prospective customers??

Cheers Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I'm assuming you mean a Flash output option from PTE because there is nothing preventing you from using any of a number of Flash converters to create a Flash slideshow from your PTE AVI or MPEG II output. There are many of these available such as On2 Technologies Flix or Riva or Sorensen or others ranging from Free to $300.00 U.S. depending on your needs.

As Barry points out, the quality will be diminished to the point where your show will look like any other slideshow and image "quality" is one of the real substantive differences between PTE and other products.

If you would like to see what a typical PTE slideshow looks like converted to Flash you can click my link below. This was done with Flash 8 and Flix Pro and is about as good as you can expect. O.K., but rough fade transitions, poor fast movement of any kind, mediocre image quality, etc. There's a 15% "preload" on this so you will have to wait while the percent reaches an indicated 15 before the show begins. This is a Flash FLV or pseudo streaming file.

PTE may eventually have Flash output, but truthfully, it hasn't been a very popular feature even with other slideshow software which has Flash output.

http://www.lin-evans.net/ctml/ctml.html

Best regards,

Lin

Will we ever be able to make a flash video so that we do not have to keep downloading the exe files. Now there's a good idea, it will also make it easier to put on our web pages for marketing and the like, and even sending them to prospective customers??

Cheers Jeff

Hi Barry,

That's a result of a combination of your internet download speed (your own connection, the condition of the internet traffic at the time and the size of the slideshow). Typically it takes about 40 seconds to download 15 percent of this Flash file and begin the show. The slideshow itself is 27 minutes long. At the download speed you must have been experiencing at the time it would take considerably longer to download the executable of some 150 meg size than to preload the Flash so there are advantages to Flash FLV. Unfortunately quality is not among them.

Best regards,

Lin

The flash demo took so long to get to 7% I gave up waiting

SCREEN SHOT SHOWING DOWNLOAD SPEED AT MY END

pretty well flat out from my isp +- 320kb/sec

and the flv file extracted from my temp int file is 104 mb +-

the download feed is has been a bit ratty lately causing the dumeter to indicate a rough feed

but from

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

using Chicago as the source

Last Result:

Download Speed: 2538 kbps (317.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 434 kbps (54.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

the up and down speeds are right on

KEN

post-16-1215638124_thumb.jpg