WnSoft Forums

Copying animations

DavidP

Create image or a blank PNG file, animate that. Copy and paste that file as many times as you want images in the show. (Ctrl+c then Ctrl+V). Then add your images via Add Image in the Objects and Animation screen as a child of the parent. ie add the image with the green bounding box showing around the PNG file.

The (child) images will take on the animation of the blank PNG's (parent)

Oh, you are a clever b....

I've just spent an hour (at least) doing that same thing manually!!!!!!

That's what I get for not checking the forum first thing this morning.

Regards

John

Hi John,

Just use your first image as the hidden parent rather than create something else. Do the animations on the first image, set the opacity to zero at all keyframes for it then copy it. Set the opacity back to normal and paste the copied first image as many times as you wish as separate slides and attach child object images to each.

By doing it this way you will decrease the memory requirements a bit for the video card and not need to have a foreign image as the parent.

Best regards,

Lin

Oh, you are a clever b....

I've just spent an hour (at least) doing that same thing manually!!!!!!

That's what I get for not checking the forum first thing this morning.

Regards

John

Thanks both,

But too late - the damage has been done !! I'll remember the next time - I feel sure!

I was just too anxious to get started and didn't even start to think it through.

Lin, you may be interested in what I am playing with as you did something similar some months ago with a protracted and overlapping zoom.

I was walking down The Royal Mile in Edinburgh at 6.30 this morning (to avoid as much traffic as possible) taking images every 50 yards and have put them into a sequence using a 50% zoom. It's turned out not too bad for a first attempt but I find the alignment of the end of one zoom with the start of the following image a bit difficult to get as accurate as I would like.

Still experimenting.

Cheers.

John

Hi John,

The way it worked best for me was to temporarily place the image you are trying to match on the objects list for the previous slide. Set the opacity to about 50 percent on each temporarily and match the zoom at the end of image one to the zoom (and position) of image two for its start in a perfect overlay. Then copy the pan, zoom, rotate numbers and go to slide two and match them for the perfect overlay on slide one. Next go back to slide one and delete the temporary slide two object and set the opacity back to 100 percent. Continue this process for each subsequent image and you should get a very close match to give you the infinite zoom.

The things you must watch out for are to be sure that you take sufficient image increments so that you don't have to have black borders, etc.

Best regards,

Lin