WnSoft Forums

Aspect Ratio Questions

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi All

I've done this again and saved it in it's own file in mediafire, I can only assume the first one disappeared into a black mediafire hole, the url is http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ad1243...5364bf685ca8886

Hope this works now. BTW is it normal on mediafire to have an add for some bird trying to show me her a**e? :blink:

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi All

I've done this again and saved it in it's own file in mediafire, I can only assume the first one disappeared into a black mediafire hole, the url is http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8ad1243...5364bf685ca8886

Hope this works now. BTW is it normal on mediafire to have an add for some bird trying to show me her a**e? :blink:

Yachtsman1

Just tried it and it works now.

I also got no a___se... but I was more interested in the .pte file anyway - which I now have.

It's coming up to midnight in Leyburn, but I should be able to email you something before it gets to midnight here.

Ray

So... back to the questions that started this thread: "Has anyone managed to burn two shows onto one disc in the two formats, if so did you change the basic picture size from 1024x768 when producing the shows."

The answers are now yes I have and no I didn't change any of the source images from 4:3 aspect ratio, although I did (actually Eric did) create a second .pte file that targeted 16:9 output.

I personally would have done this a different way... having 1024x768 pixels for (most of) the source images and knowing my target was DVD disc I would have taken advantage of the source pixels and would have set (most of) the source images to "Original" in O&A for the 16:9 version so that the full 16:9 screen of the HD TV it was played back on was filled - instead of having black, vertical lines on each side like the 4:3 version has when viewed on an HD TV.

But that's just my preference... I'm not crticizing the way Eric produced this, just trying to point out to others the opportunity for a different 16:9 experience - for those who viewers who have an HD TV - given that there are enough pixels in the source images to achieve this.

Anyway, reply on this thread or contact me if you want the technical details of how I got this to work.

Ray

Ray,

You said: "given that there are enough pixels in the source images to achieve this"

The number of pixels in the source images is immaterial - when making a DVD the images are reduced to fit to 720x576.

When playing on ANY TV the 720x576 pixels are INTERPOLATED back up to fill the screen.

DaveG

Hi Ray

I have downloaded the file, thank you. Have PM'd the result.

Yachtsman1

I've PM'd instructions.

All the files go inside the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder remains empty. Then you burn a DVD containing only these two folders.

Guest Yachtsman1
All the files go inside the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS folder remains empty. Then you burn a DVD containing only these two folders.

Thanks Ray

I'll give it a go after breakfast.

Regards Eric

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric,

Did you get it to work?

Hi Ray

Not yet I'm afraid, can't get my machine to burn the file to a DVD, it keeps trying to copy it to a CD. I will try again later and let you know if I'm successful.

Regards Eric

Hi Ray

Not yet I'm afraid, can't get my machine to burn the file to a DVD, it keeps trying to copy it to a CD. I will try again later and let you know if I'm successful.

Regards Eric

Eric, do you mean that your PC thinks the blank DVD disc you inserted is actually a blank CD disc? I've never seen anything like that before.

Guest Yachtsman1
Eric, do you mean that your PC thinks the blank DVD disc you inserted is actually a blank CD disc? I've never seen anything like that before.

Hi Ray

That's precisely what happens, I have not had much success with this laptop burning dvd's via XP. If I use a Nikon programme or PTE it works fine, It's when I try to use it indipendently I get this phenomenum. We have a spell of fine weather at present so i've shelved the dvd burning to take advantage and build my picture bank. I will get back to the WW2 next week and let you know the results.

Regards Eric

post-5560-1221979918_thumb.jpg