WnSoft Forums

Post cards from Alto Adige

d67

Alto Adige (18 Mo / sequence duration 4'30), a slideshow I created with photos taken during a recent trip in this italian area (Dolomites mountains).

This slideshow is fully controlable :

- Pause/Resume = Pause key or left mouse button,

- Slide, backward or forward = arrow keys or right mouse button for next slide

In addition of the slideshow, I have downloaded some shots on my PBase space

For precise and numerous datas about Dolomites mountains (... and other summits), here an interesting link with lots of informations and photos

Have fun and your comments are welcome.

Patrick

Thank you PhilG and Neil for your kind remarks.

looks very cold and damp yet people were in their short pants :)

Hi Ken

15-18 Celsius degrees (mid august) or lesser depending on the altitude, the weather and the wind but during ascent, no need of multiple cloth layers !

I love always so much the mountain: lights and atmosphere are great here. It's very difficult to be in the high mountain at the perfect hour and day, but your show is better than a postcard.

Thank you Michel.

I appreciate your comment at it's real value as it comes after a common turbulent relationship history and as you are a true mountain lover.

Only one thing for me: prerhaps the end seems too fast, but it's not very important near all your very nice show.

You are right, it is too fast but as you know, facing dozen of photos, each of them, more or less, tinted by the physical difficulties or by the great feelings you had to be there, can be a real challenge when you have to cut down your initial photo choice.

I didn't want to lengthen the sequence beyond the unique piece of music, as the progression of the music rythm is a bit similar to the growing difficulties and enthusiasm as the highest point of the hiking trail approaches !

To bypass too short lasting slide durations, I made my slideshow fully controlable so that time is left to stop at a particular image.

I hope you and your family are in good health ... in any case, enough to satisfy your passions.

Patrick

Hi Patrick, I enjoyed your show, especially the photography. The bright skies and dark shadows can be difficult subjects and you have clearly captured this very well. Indeed IMHO there are a number of very impressive photos in the AV, I liked being able to pause the show to have a good look at these photos - otherwise the show on auto would have been much too fast for me.

Patrick - very nice presentation of your experience. Good photos can really entice me. I am reminded that the Dolmites really should be on my list for the future! I have a couple of questions on your recent journey. How many days were involved in the photos displayed? Do you sleep in the huts that are visible in the photos?

Hi Lumenlux

How many days were involved in the photos displayed?/

Our journey in the Dolomites lasted 15 days

Do you sleep in the huts that are visible in the photos?

No.

We stood in an hotel in Castelrotto for a week and the second week, our hotel was in Sesto / Moos.

The refugios (huts) are numerous in the Dolomites and you are always within 2 hours maximum walk away from one of them.

We alternated 6-8 hours and 4 hours mountain hiking throughout the stay, starting from a point situated within an hour car way for our first "camp base" and starting, most of time, from the hotel for the second one.

Patrick,

I have just watched the show again (and I am sure I will return to it many more times). The photography is just stunning. The selection of music and your choice of photos for the show are an excellent combination. Thank you for sharing!

Alto Adige (18 Mo / sequence duration 4'30), a slideshow I created with photos taken during a recent trip in this italian area (Dolomites mountains).

Have fun and your comments are welcome.

Patrick

Patrick,

Just a brief note to say how much I enjoyed your show. The photography was stunning and most enjoyable to watch on a 22" widescreen monitor.

Thanks for sharing your fine work.

Dave