WnSoft Forums

Timeline - replace image

d67

In PTE V4.x, replacing a slide when in the Timeline is a kid's stuff : right mouse click or Alt+S.

In PTE V5.x to do the same, I have

- to clic on "Objects and animations",

- then clic on "Properties"

- and only then I have access to the file manager !

Do I miss something ? Is there an easier and shorter way to do it ?

Hi Patrick,

If I understand your question correctly, when you are in the Timeline you only need to double click on the image you want to add and it will be placed on the timeline at the end of the current slide. There is no need to go to Objects and Animations. The file manager should be visible in the upper left side of your screen and the currently selected folder's images should appear as thumbnails to the right of the file structure.

Best regards,

Lin

If I understand your question correctly, when you are in the Timeline you only need to double click on the image you want to add ....

Hi Lin

No, no ! I want to replace an existent slide in the Timeline, not just place a new one.

Please look on attached screenshot.

p.s. I'm pleased to see that you use new version :)

Hi Igor

Thank you for your aid.

Concerning V5, there is so much to learn (many commands and options have changed) that I am not sure I will persevere as these days I am lacking time to play around PTE V5 (not especially user friendly even for very simple and basic manipulations).

Patrick

Patrick/Igor,

If the "Change image file for current slide" option was added to the "Slide" command drop-down menu and to the right-click menu for a selected slide, then it would appear in a place where the user might go looking for it.

regards,

Peter

Patrick/Igor,

If the "Change image file for current slide" option was added to the "Slide" command drop-down menu and to the right-click menu for a selected slide, then it would appear in a place where the user might go looking for it.

Peter

Sorry Peter, I am no sure to understand your comment.

My problem was just to replace the designed slide in the Timeline with an other one. With PTE V4 that was logically done by a right click on the slide.

The solution for V5 is just a bit different but not complicated, and has just to be known (I asked friends how they did ... and they did it in a complicated way ... once more illustrating the lack of user friendly interface)