WnSoft Forums

Swap 3D

mightec

I really like the new Transition Effect - Swap 3D, however, just one minor comment. Is it possible to change the Opacity of the black background, my problem is that when I am using a landscape then portrait photograph you can see the black background, which for me spoils the effect.

Igor,

I'm sorry but your demo uses only landscape orientations as the main images that take part in the Swap-3D transitions. The only portrait orientation image is the small "picture in picture" that pans across the bottom of the screen. I think Mike means that he uses both landscape and portrait orientations as his main images and is trying to do Swap-3D from landscape to portrait and back again.

When I try this, using Project Options...Screen...Fullscreen mode with image files sized at 1024x768 (landscape) and 768x576 (portrait) running on to a 1280x1024 monitor I can see the effect that Mike describes.

The landscape images fill the entire monitor screen and so look correct when transitioning via Swap-3D. The portrait images have a black stripe either side (the default black background) and these two stripes and the image take part in the Swap-3D transition when, really, only the area covered by the image file should be doing that.

regards,

Peter

Igor,

OK, thanks. I thought that might be the answer at present.

Mike,

As a possible circumvention, try transitioning into the portrait image and out of the portrait image using Swap-3D Top-Bottom (i.e a vertical motion for the vertical image). With the background set to black (default) the strips are still visible but much less intrusive.

regards,

Peter

Igor/Peter

Thank you very much for your help, yes, Peter that is my problem, I will try your suggestion, thanks. Igor, I have looked at the SWAP 3D Demo, is the moving portrait photo part of the SWAP 3D transition or an Object?