WnSoft Forums

Uploading to Vim

Tomuk

Hi! All,

I have difficulty logging on to Vimeo from within P2e to upload, When I try to upload a show I get the error message "Your login was incorrect" so no uploads can be made.

I have no problem going to the site and logging on.

Has anybody else had the problem and if so ,Whats the fix??

Tom

Hi Tom,

Do you have 'Pop-Ups' or 3rd Party Cookies blocked in your Browser Window ?

Many of these sites use Pop-Ups and return Cookies to identify legitimate 'Log-On Users'

On the top of this Page click.Tools.

Go up to 'Tools'-->Internet Options-->Privacy Tab-->Check if 'Block Pop-Ups' is ticked ?

Alternatively select-->Settings-->Type in the URL of Vimeo-->select-->Add and in the

bottom strip-Window select either: Low, Med, High. That may be the problem.

Brian.Conflow

Hi Tom,

Do you have 'Pop-Ups' or 3rd Party Cookies blocked in your Browser Window ?

Many of these sites use Pop-Ups and return Cookies to identify legitimate 'Log-On Users'

On the top of this Page click.Tools.

Go up to 'Tools'-->Internet Options-->Privacy Tab-->Check if 'Block Pop-Ups' is ticked ?

Alternatively select-->Settings-->Type in the URL of Vimeo-->select-->Add and in the

bottom strip-Window select either: Low, Med, High. That may be the problem.

Brian.Conflow

Hi! Brian,

I have tried your suggestion with no luck...... I have now loaded Beta 5 on to my laptop, same problem, I'm now at a loss.

The system was working before and I uploaded a couple of videos with no problem, now all of a sudden this.

I think I'll have to live with this until Igor and the team bring 5.6 out of beta...

Tom.

Tom,

You might be making an 'incorrect assumption' concerning Pte 5xx (your version).

'Log-on' to Vimeo again, but this time try and 'upload' one single Photograph and see what happens.

If that works then it may be Pte ~ if the Photo won't load its your Security settings ~v~ Vimeo Settings.

I can assure you that many of the 'Public Uploader Utilities' have changed their settings in the past few weeks.

Try 'downloading' anything from You-Tube and you will see what I mean....they now send you an EMail Link !!

You can no longer use a U-Tube Grabber.

Anyway try the single Photo and see what happens.

Brian.

Tom,

You might be making an 'incorrect assumption' concerning Pte 5xx (your version).

'Log-on' to Vimeo again, but this time try and 'upload' one single Photograph and see what happens.

If that works then it may be Pte ~ if the Photo won't load its your Security settings ~v~ Vimeo Settings.

I can assure you that many of the 'Public Uploader Utilities' have changed their settings in the past few weeks.

Try 'downloading' anything from You-Tube and you will see what I mean....they now send you an EMail Link !!

You can no longer use a U-Tube Grabber.

Anyway try the single Photo and see what happens.

Brian.

Brian,

I've just tried your suggestion, no go.

I think it must be the way p2e is talking to Vimeo as if I log on to the site from my browser(EI 7) I have no problems.

I can't upload a sequence because I can't produce an Mpeg4 file.

Tom

Tom

why cant you produce a mpeg

what does screen say

did you install the mpeg link i posted the other day?

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=58073

and/or

The best result with software player is using of free Media Player Classic HomeCinema

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=58039

rat's :)

ken

ken

Vimeo changed settings for uploading in external programs (as PicturesToExe).

Please download and install updated Beta 6:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip

To solve this problem in future we will realize auto-updating in next betas. And before uploading to Vimeo/Youtbe, PicturesToExe will automatically check WnSoft's server for fresh configuration file with settings for Vimeo/Youtube.

Just single about 100 KB DLL file.

PicturesToExe will perform this checking not more often than one time per day, or after failed attempt to upload file to Vimeo/Youtube.

Process of checking is just reading of small .ini file from WnSoft's server (something like "CurrentVimeoVersion=1.00") and if server contains newer version, PTE will download new 100 KB file of configuration DLL file after user confirmed it.

All described above applicable only when you use PicturesToExe for uploading of slideshow to Video/Youtube. In other case (presets for iPhone, video for PC/Mac) - no internet connections.

To all of the Above,

My thanks to all who chipped in with possible solutions, as you can see from Igor's post above the problem was with Vimeo changing their login procedure, Igor, true to form has produced another Beta that eradicates the problem and we should now have no problem.

I have uploaded a small demo of the mask feature to try the system out, it uploaded at a rate of (SD Mode) 1 Mb a min from start to finish, not to bad.

Thanks again all, until the next time.

Tom.

To all of the Above,

My thanks to all who chipped in with possible solutions, as you can see from Igor's post above the problem was with Vimeo changing their login procedure, Igor, true to form has produced another Beta that eradicates the problem and we should now have no problem.

I have uploaded a small demo of the mask feature to try the system out, it uploaded at a rate of (SD Mode) 1 Mb a min from start to finish, not to bad.

Thanks again all, until the next time.

Tom.

Tom,

Well I did tell you that Vimeo and U-Tube made changes to their System's and you may as well be advise now that

they will be making on-going changes to prevent 'persons' downloading the Shows without the Authors permission.

Part of those changes, is changing the 'Log-In' procedures so to deny 'alias' Log-Ins. It seems that Igor has come up

with an 'auto-check system' for Pte Presentations, that's a good idea.

Brian.Conflow.

Tom,

Well I did tell you that Vimeo and U-Tube made changes to their System's and you may as well be advise now that

they will be making on-going changes to prevent 'persons' downloading the Shows without the Authors permission.

Part of those changes, is changing the 'Log-In' procedures so to deny 'alias' Log-Ins. It seems that Igor has come up

with an 'auto-check system' for Pte Presentations, that's a good idea.

Brian.Conflow.

Brian,

Once again you have proved that we can rely on you to help with our problems, thanks again for your help.

Tom.

There is a problem with Vimeo and Youtube for us as developers. They don't provide examples how to upload video from Windows applications. They suggest SDK and examples only for web/online applications. So we have to use HTML based requests instead good reliable API. It's sad.

Hi Igor,

Yes I agree with you ~ Vimeo and U-Tube don't give working examples as to 'Uploading' from an API Application.

We in Conflow Services were looking at this problem and came to the following conclusions:-

1) There is a great difference between an AVI/Video ~compared to~ TV/Camera Video.

2) An AVI/Video can carry 'Malware' where its impossible to do this with TV/Camera Video. (Vimeo/U-Tube know this).

3) Consequently it is a simple matter to 'Upload' a TV.Extract or a TV/Camera Video presentation to Vimeo/U-Tube.

4) If the AVI/Video were 'recorded' on to a proper TV/Video Recorder (DVD Video Recorder) this 'Recording' just might

work because Vimeo/U-Tube would not be able to discriminate between that and a genuine TV/Camera Video extract.

It's just an 'idea' we have been working on and it might help 'Pics-Builder' to develop a possible solution to the problem.

Kind regards,

Brian.Conflow.