WnSoft Forums

Trouble with Objects and Animation

mfetterhoff

Hello again, Boardmembers

I have 2 objects (photo and text). The photo should appear first, followed by 'pop-up' text 2 seconds later.

the preview within 'Objects and Animation' shows the arrangement as configured, however, when I back out to the timeline and replay thru the preview window, the preview fails to show the animated sequence. Instead, I see only the first object for the duration of the slide.

If I use the preview buttion at the bottom left (Control Buttons below the timeline), and preview the entire presentation, the sequence plays out properly.

Working within Objects an animation is seemingly touch and go, and I have been experiencing trouble with objects not displaying, or slides hanging , or not displaying at the configured timeline. though I haven't the best video card for graphics work (64mb), I do not think it is at the root of the problem. I have the same trouble even with the shortest slide shows. With my first slide shows, O&A was working as I understand it to work, but after time it has begun acting somewhat unstable and unpredictable. Im wondering if a reload of the application is in order. Has anybody experienced general weirdness using O&A?

many thanks in advance.

Probably the best thing to do is to post a Template of the Project in a ZIP file so that one of us can take a look at your setup.

We can also comment on how it performs and give you an idea whether you DESPERATELY need a new Graphics card - I suspect that you do.

DaveG

mfetterhoff,

What version of PTE are you having ths issue with ?

Since v5.56 beta testing is in progress ... its always best to identify your Pte version in your comment. This helps to address and isolate user issues from program issues.

I agree with Dave that one of your biggest limitations is your 64mb video when using O&A with D3D Acceleration.

OK.. i'm beginning to believe you. I had my PC shut down for a couple hours. After starting it up, I was able to preview the presentation with no glitchs, but only once. Further previews played well, but continued to hang at my animated slide for a couple seconds too long. A big annoyance in light of how well the rest plays. Anyway.. the fact that I saw it play out once successfully would indicate that the presentation is sound, and that the trouble is elsewhere.

I am posting the slideshow on my website. It is a collection of pictures I have taken in Iraq over the last 4 1/2 years. Perhaps some board members would care to have a look. Ill post the location in another topic.

Thanks for your help. I will be getting a new PC when I get home in December. Ill see to it that it has more beef than this one.

As well as a fast Dual (or Quad) Core processor with as much RAM as it is possible to get into the machine, make sure that it has a good Graphics card with 512Mb+ of dedicated RAM.

Can you upload a Template of the project to Mediafire or similar so that someone can look at it?

DaveG