WnSoft Forums

Issue with key installation and tickets closure: HELP NEEDED

andrew

I've been working on problem for over a week and found out they (wnsoft support) just deleted (not closed) my support ticket. This ticket contained day of debugging information as well as screen shots and replies from wnsoft support. The last thing they mentioned was that they would escalate the ticket and then...poof the ticket is deleted.

Ticket that was deleted is: 8LQ8YZL8XT

I opened a new ticket that is: YJ193XVX3L

Basically, the problem I'm having is that I upgraded to a new computer and loaded the new version of the software (5.5). After installing, I load the key, which it says is successful. Then I quit the application and try to launch it again. NOTHING. No splash screen, no process in the task manager nothing. I can't get PTE to launch again unless I remove the key from the registry, which then returns it to DEMO mode.

I'm getting very, very agravated as it has taken quite a bit to explain this to support and very little progress. The last version (which I happen to have sitting around) I could get working is 5.03. Anything after that I see the same issue.

-Andrew

Hi Andrew,

When you say "have tried this on multiple computers" could you explain what it is that you have tried and whether you were successful or not?

Have you tried to install PTE on multiple computers which are running XP and had the identical problem? If so that would indicate a problem with your registration key. Is it PTE or Video builder which won't run or both? Since there are many thousands of installations which are working fine, the problem is either with your registration key(s) or with the operating environment. If this same problem exists with "mutiple computers (how many?) then it's more likely the registration key than the computers.

Best regards,

Lin

I forgot to mention system config. I am running XP pro and have tried this on multiple computers. No registry sweepers or other protection software is running.

Andrew,

You say that you have successfully installed v5.03 but cannot get later versions to install successfully. If this is the case, you do not need to re-install any keys. Just install the latest version v5.52 alongside v5.03 and it will locate and use the key that v5.03 is using. Your PTE key is a "key for life" and will work with all future versions of PTE. (I'm running on a key that was supplied with v4.47). If this solves your problem, you can then choose whether or not to Uninstall v5.03. If you do Uninstall it the key will be preserved in the registry.

regards,

Peter

Andrew,

I just asked Alena from our technical support. She mistakenly deleted your first ticked, but she sucessfully received your attached file with system info (we saved it to hard disc) and replied already yesterday.

We just prepared and sent you new reply to that support ticket, please read it.

I hope to find and solve this problem ASAP.