WnSoft Forums

Finding redundant audio tracks in Cusomise Slide

JEB

Hi,

I suspect that this has been suggested before, if not I am surprised!

I would like to see some visual indication within the slide list (time line) of any slide that has audio embedded. I am in the habit of placing audio at various points while editing and then removing once I have produced a continuous track which is placed in Project Options. If I forget where I have left the now superfluous track PTE keeps telling me it is lost and wont run a Preview till I have located and removed it. This is fine but annoying.

Regards

John

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi,

I suspect that this has been suggested before, if not I am surprised!

I would like to see some visual indication within the slide list (time line) of any slide that has audio embedded. I am in the habit of placing audio at various points while editing and then removing once I have produced a continuous track which is placed in Project Options. If I forget where I have left the now superfluous track PTE keeps telling me it is lost and wont run a Preview till I have located and removed it. This is fine but annoying.

Regards

John

Hi John

Ifyou install the show file into "Project Reporter" which is availabe as a free download on this site (just search for it). It will analyse the file and report where the sound files should be.

Yachtsman1

Hi,

Perhaps I have not made myself clear. Dave has got my drift.

The problem is not finding tracks on my computer I file them as all you well organised folk do in a folder associated with the project.

The problem is finding tracks that have been located under "customise slide option" when you wish to remove them at a later date. As I explained in my original post I use this method in the early stages of constructing a large show. This gives me a degree of flexibility in adding and removing slides from sections of the show. (the one I,m working on at the moment is a documentary which will last at least 30 mins. and have several hundred slides). Once I have settled on the sequence I make a final voice over recording as one continuous track and then add that to "Project Options" in the usual way. The problem arises if one short track has been left embedded in a slide or even if it has been removed the box "play new background music file" has also to be un-ticked.

What I was suggesting was that if some sort of visual indication appeared on any slide that had an audio track embedded must be an improvement.

Yachtsman1, will this utility do this?

Regards and thanks for your interest.

John

I think it still exists but in a different place. On the "Information bar" at the bottom of the PTE window, just to the left of the slide size is a box that contains either blank or P. In my experience, the P indicates that the slide has been customized in some way (excluding O&A activity).

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi,

Perhaps I have not made myself clear. Dave has got my drift.

The problem is not finding tracks on my computer I file them as all you well organised folk do in a folder associated with the project.

The problem is finding tracks that have been located under "customise slide option" when you wish to remove them at a later date. As I explained in my original post I use this method in the early stages of constructing a large show. This gives me a degree of flexibility in adding and removing slides from sections of the show. (the one I,m working on at the moment is a documentary which will last at least 30 mins. and have several hundred slides). Once I have settled on the sequence I make a final voice over recording as one continuous track and then add that to "Project Options" in the usual way. The problem arises if one short track has been left embedded in a slide or even if it has been removed the box "play new background music file" has also to be un-ticked.

What I was suggesting was that if some sort of visual indication appeared on any slide that had an audio track embedded must be an improvement.

Yachtsman1, will this utility do this?

Regards and thanks for your interest.

John

Project reporter is a history of what has been done, when I had the same problem, Peter pointed me to Project Reporter and I found the slides I had customised with other tracks, then removed them. and added the final full track in project options.

Yachtsman1

Ken, Peter,

You are both correct. I found it just where Peter suggested.

What it appears to recognise is, if the box on the music tab within Customised slide labelled "Play new background music" is ticked then the "P" (probably why it's P) appears as you suggested. It does not appear to matter if music remains listed, it's the tick in the box that matters.

This is sort of a solution for me I think, as all I would need to do is arrow through the time-line watching for a "P" to appear. It would, I think, be better if a little colour code appeared on the bottom of the relevant slide.

Yachtsman1

I have found the programme and downloaded it but as you may agree it is not now necessary but thanks for reminding me of it. I will keep it should I need it in the future.

Thank you all.

John

John,

I have found the programme and downloaded it but as you may agree it is not now necessary but thanks for reminding me of it. I will keep it should I need it in the future.

I have v2 Reporter ready and will be released as soon as v5.56 PTE is sorted out a bit further. Faster Scan File engine and more features. Will have CHM help file this time around. :D