WnSoft Forums

PTE demonstrated in Brisbane

Barry Beckham

While not a great help to those outside of Australia, we are now getting some demos and seminars set up in Australia.

One of our first is a full days seminar on the subject of Digital AV with the new PTE5.6

Redlands Camera Group in Brisbane

Check out the details below

http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/lectures/redland.htm

Tom

No, we are not Snowbirds, never heard that term before. We are now permanently resident in Buderim Australia.

I know a few Australians visit this site and I need to spread the word that my demos are available. I want to get back into the lectures, which is something I enjoy and something that often provides that spark of inspiration for me.

You could always invite me to California :rolleyes:

Tom

No, we are not Snowbirds, never heard that term before. We are now permanently resident in Buderim Australia.

I know a few Australians visit this site and I need to spread the word that my demos are available. I want to get back into the lectures, which is something I enjoy and something that often provides that spark of inspiration for me.

You could always invite me to California :rolleyes:

Hi Barry, the term snowbird, used here in Texas, refers to someone that lives in a cold climate ie, Michigan, and

spends the winter in our warm South Texas area. (usually in RV's,and there are thousands of them)

They migrate back home, when the weather warms up.

I hope your new life goes well, Gayland.

It was the same in the UK although I am not sure there was a name for them. In the UK some people go to the south of france and spain during the winter.

Its like summer all year round here I am told with the temp rarely getting as cold as 10c in winter time.

Well Ken, as you may imagine, no sign of snow here. Its 8:45 in the morning and just climbing above 25c.

As soon as my PC's arrive my first PTE slide show will be our new life in Australia and we will include a tour of the house, but still I doubt I can conjour up snow. Unless it's Photoshop snow :angry:

It sure is, in the UK this would be equivolent to August. All the children are off school for their summer hols and Christmas and they go back at the end of Jan

It seems odd to us at the moment, but I guess we will get used to it.

Hope you get to Adelaide some time soon. Brisbane is just a tad far to come for a workshop. We have a good sized AV following in Adelaide. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Pwear

Not sure where you got that Redlands link from, because I took it down a few weeks ago. Redlands CC had some problem or other and the demo was cancelled.

However we do have a growing list of lecture dates now:-

I am doing a dedicated 1 hour PTE demo at Noosa Camera Club on 11th May. This is an intro to the software and making a show.

I have a 4 person Seminar here in Budermin on on the 22nd April dedicated to PTE and all the creative stuff and three places are still available here http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/smallgroup_list.htm

I am also at Ipswitch CC in Brisbane on 28th April where PTE will feature.

I have a 2 hour lecture at Bribie Island on Sunday 3rd May where PTE will feature

I have an evening lecture at Wynham Bayside CC in Brisbane on the 12th May

I have another at Mt Gravatt CC, an evening talk on the 13th May

I have a Photoshop 4 person Workshop in Buderim on the 24th May http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/smallgroup_list.htm

We are also at Caboolture on Monday 8th June for a morning lecture on the 8th June

Those interested in Australia will know where to find links to venues etc.

• 1 month later...

post-6835-1241483555_thumb.jpg

Pwear

Not sure where you got that Redlands link from, because I took it down a few weeks ago. Redlands CC had some problem or other and the demo was cancelled.

However we do have a growing list of lecture dates now:-

I am doing a dedicated 1 hour PTE demo at Noosa Camera Club on 11th May. This is an intro to the software and making a show.

I have a 4 person Seminar here in Budermin on on the 22nd April dedicated to PTE and all the creative stuff and three places are still available here http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/smallgroup_list.htm

I am also at Ipswitch CC in Brisbane on 28th April where PTE will feature.

I have a 2 hour lecture at Bribie Island on Sunday 3rd May where PTE will feature

I have an evening lecture at Wynham Bayside CC in Brisbane on the 12th May

I have another at Mt Gravatt CC, an evening talk on the 13th May

I have a Photoshop 4 person Workshop in Buderim on the 24th May http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk/smallgroup_list.htm

We are also at Caboolture on Monday 8th June for a morning lecture on the 8th June

Those interested in Australia will know where to find links to venues etc.

Not sure when I will get that far south, but I am sure to let you know.

I am introducing Noosa Club Members to a PTE demo next Monday and setting a 10 image competition that they can attempt with the trial software. I am sure once they have a little dabble with PTE they will get hooked.

On another note I tried PSG again the other day and it could not handle the same show made for PTE. I had the latest version, but the transitions lacked smoothness.