WnSoft Forums

Urban Suspense

Drareg

Dear forum members,

More and more I get the hang of P2E, I've created several slideshows now.

But more I turn the slideshows into short movies with a soundtrack from a movie.

I'm a member and moderator of a digital photoclub (WFC, www.webfotoclub.nl, Dutch), two months ago I was asked to make a presentation of the pictures of our members, because on january 25th we have a club meeting, so far I've made five presentations, of which the one I would like to show you now, by far the most complex one is.

For 90% all photo's are in black and white, music is from the movie V for Vendette, it's a suspense like movie, well I should be stop talking and give you the download link for the movie, tell me what you think, it still need some fine tuning but I'm working on that.

This movie took me approx. 4 weeks (not non stop) to build.

The download link: http://www.foto-beeld.nl/presentaties/urban-suspense.exe (25mb)

Gerard

Hello Gerard,

First of all, I really love some of the pictures.

I like the spirit of your "movie".

But to be honest, the way you introduced your show, I was expecting something telling me a story.

If you could have the pictures (the one on which you zoom a lot) in a higher resolution, you could avoid the pixels effect.

I think you could use more pan, because most of the time you apply a zoom. And you could reveal the interesting part of some of the pictures this way.

And for something more movie like, you could use fade to black or fade to white or even fade to surexposed picture.

I could easily see a 16/9 aspect ratio for your movie. But I don't know if the author would appreciate, because you would have to crop the pictures.

Just suggestions.

Anyway, congratulations for this work.

Dear TheDom,

I understand what you mean, right now I'm doing some editing and try to do what you propose, unfortunatly higher resolution images are not available for me now, it should be a surprise to the members, cropping is not always appreciated with pictures from someone else, so I won't do that.

As I understand you say fade to black after every slide, or just after a few sildes, ans would panning better than zooming the pictures?

The show has to be finished before new year.

Telling a story is very dificult especially when you have to choose from arround a few 1000 pictures which are not yours, there are about 89 pictures in the movie which quallify for this movie.

Thank you for your much apreciated input, I hope you find the time to answer my question about panning/zooming and fading.

Gerard

As I understand you say fade to black after every slide, or just after a few sildes,

You should use a fade to black/white when you think it's appropriate, after a music theme by example, or after a sequence of pictures or to create a climax with a quick alternation of pictures and black slide.

would panning better than zooming the pictures?

On some pictures, actually a combination of panning and light zooming would be more appropriate in my opinion.

Hi Gerard

What a refreshing presentation very gritty and arty and makes a change from the general pretty landscape scenic presentations we see. This has a great deal of substance and creativity put into this and I would like to see more of these types of shows. However, it did have some shortcomings that other viewers have stated. I think it should have been shorter and the images used for the zoom should have be saved at a larger size to allow you to create this affect. To show it in monochrome was the correct choice. The music was perfect as were the creative and artistic images. I felt the image that was shown with a yellow hue was distracting because as far as I can remember all the others were in monochrome. I did like the fast change cuts in the factory area to the music. As for the introduction title graphics I was impressed as this told me the what quality of show I was about to view. I think if you re-edited this show again with what you know now I think this would lift it up to another level. Its easy to criticise other peoples efforts and easy to offend and I don’t wish to offend at all and hope you view my comments as constructive. I look forward to seeing more of this style of presentation in the future. Great stuff!

Paul

Dear Paulo,

Your comments on my presentation does not offend me, it is a constructive comment, thanks for your comment.

The quality of the images, you are right about that, higher quality would be better ofcourse, but for this presentation not possible.

Because all of these images are from other members of our Webfotoclub, I cannot do muc editing because of copyright, therfore 3 images are not completely in black and white.

For future productions I try to get higher quality images from our members.

Gerard

Gerard,

I loved the show, moody,atmospheric,original.

I really like monochrome, dont change anything, it is what it is, original and it moves us away for awhile from landscapes etc, etc.

Its good to see new shows with different ideas, well done and I for one look forward to seeing more from you. good luck

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it's taken me this long to get to this show, but i'm glad i did. i liked it a lot. in fact, i don't know how higher resolution images would look, but i very much doubt they would improve the sequence. i think that all that obvious pixelization actually helps the mood. i can't believe i'm saying this, for i'm a high resolution freak, but there you are. congrats!

cheers,

pedro

Gerard,

Having already commented on your sequence and having viewed many others recently, not only on the web but at our camera club the more your sequence stands out, it was so good to see something "Different", thats why I am back to re endorse it, I truly hope we see more from you and your camera club soon. PTE is to be used, that means all of its features in my eyes.

Regards

Ralph