WnSoft Forums

PTE stats from Beechbrook.Com

cottage

PTE Uploads  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Have you uploaded to Beechbrook.Com before?

• Yes, once.
    • Yes, more than once.
    • No, I've never uploaded.

Happy New Year to all forum members! Since 2001, it has been my privilege to host/link PTE presentations from around the world on Beechbrook.com. It wasn't until 2006, though, that I began keeping records of how many presentations were submitted each year. Here are the stats thus far:

2006 – 153

2007 – 123

2008 - 91

It has always been a delight for me to share in the creativity, the passion, the talent and the adventures from so many of you that have allowed me to host or link your PTE presentations on my site.

As you can see, the average uploads for 2008 was just under 8 presentations per month. This is exciting and I hope you will continue to share even more of your talents with the rest of the world in 2009!

Because of your suggestions, over the years I've tried to add new features on the PTE download pages to help them be more robust.

These included the following:

• The ability to search "by title" for a particular presentation
  • The ability to view "download stats" for any presentation
  • The ability to "search by category" for a particular presentation ( Demo, Presentation, Utility, Tutorial,
    etc.) - More categories can be added as needed
  • The ability to read "Author's Notes" . Text notes about the presentation itself, the equipment used,
    location of images, etc.

I hope that you have found these enhancements useful. I welcome suggestions for future upgrades.

Because my mailing list became so large several years ago, I had to discontinue the mailing of announcements for new PTE uploads on Beechbrook.com. I strongly suggest that authors use the PTE Forum to announce the presence of their shows on my site.

Some of you have asked why I don't place an Upload link on any of my web pages. It is simply to help reduce the number of "junk or spam" uploads which would certainly rear their heads if the link were made public. The upload link can be found in all of my forum posts.

Finally I wish to thank Igor and his team for creating and providing such a superior tool in PicturesToExe. Through their product we can better express and enhance the presentation of our craft.

Regards,

Bill

Bill you should show the total # of downloads you have had over the years in this thread...

ken

Ken, Good thought. However, that's another item I haven't kept up with in actual totals. The way my software is written, it only keeps track of the download count for the "active presentations" on my site - 493,524 as of this writing. If I remove a presentation, the number of downloads for that particular show is also removed from the system-wide total. Guess I could always go back in and do some further software tweaking ! icon1.gif

Bill

Bill, I remember fondly the origination of the PTE sharing portion of your Beechbrook.com. We were all trying to figure out ways to reasonably transmit our presentations among us if we could keep them around 5 meg or less. You stepped forward and now your current "active downloads" are near half a million! Glad they haven't all come out of your own bandwidth! My real comment here is thanks to you and encouragement to those who may never have shared any of their efforts. Your site has continued to be a non-competitive atmosphere where the "share" is the main purpose. That's how I see it. Happy New Year to those who dwell at Beechbrook.

Happy new year to you , Bill , and thank you for all you are doing .

Curiously , I just receive a mail from a person who lives at a few kms of my house and has seen my last slideshow on Beechbrook ...Good job you are doing !

Best regards.

Hi Bill,

Beechbrook was one of the reasons I decided (and I know of others in our camera club) to use the magnificent PTE. Seeing and then been able to download presentations gave me so much encouragement to make my own sequences. I will upload a couple soon.

Your site is just what we all need, I also love the way it is non competitive, I particularly love the menu option, long may you continue and Happy new Year to you and yours.

Ralph

stats from my collection

Dec 29 2002

Available Files: 83

Downloaded Count: 13420

dec 30 2008

Available Files: 280

Downloaded Count: 495895

and Bill said" If I remove a presentation, the number of downloads for that particular show is also removed from the system-wide total. "

ken

Bill, I remember fondly the origination of the PTE sharing portion of your Beechbrook.com. We were all trying to figure out ways to reasonably transmit our presentations among us if we could keep them around 5 meg or less. You stepped forward...

Bob,

Time marches on for sure. And sometimes our shows' size increase as well. I remember once I hosted a presentation that was upwards of 140 megs. WOW ! Thanks for your kind comments and for the inspirational presentations you've shared with the larger community over the years.

Bill

stats from my collection

Dec 29 2002

Available Files: 83

Downloaded Count: 13420

dec 30 2008

Available Files: 280

Downloaded Count: 495895

and Bill said" If I remove a presentation, the number of downloads for that particular show is also removed from the system-wide total. "

ken

Ken,

You keep some amazing stats! Thanks for this additional information. As a side note, Stu Rands (nobeefstu) asked that I remove two of his long standing and very beneficial utilities today. I did as Stu asked, and you will note that the System-Wide total has suddenly been reduced by some 6,136 downloads. All those were attributed to Stu's two utilities. Way to go Stu. Let's have some new ones!! icon1.gif

Bill

Daniel, Stu and Ralph,

Thanks to each of you for your encouragement and support. I'm happy to provide the service, and glad that my site can be of some use to each of you as you share your talents with the rest of us. Happy New Year to all ! :)

Bill

Thank You Bill

You do an amazing job hosting all our work and your site is an excellent showcase for PTE workers. :D

Keep up the good work and hope to see you in England again - maybe later this year?

You're both always welcome here.

Love Maureen

Thank you Maureen.

It's been very enjoyable throughout the years as we watch the marvellous advancements with PTE that are quickly followed by new and exciting presentations from forum members.

As we've said before, Karen and I very much enjoyed our stay with you and Robert in 2008. You were very gracious hosts. We think often of our walk together among the Bluebells, cameras in hand! Thank you again. Perhaps we can meet again as we travel over the big pond to visit with our kids in London later this year. :rolleyes:

The best to you both !

Bill

Hi Bill

Happy New Year to you too, and also a big thank you for taking the time and trouble to keep what has got to be the best AV slideshow resource ever going.

I have not done much in the way of AV lately as I am now studying Public History at Oxford. Public history is: “all the means deliberate and otherwise, through which those who are not professional historians acquire their sense of the past”. So I am working on new ways to present history and it is clear to me that the AV slideshow is one way to go. I have to write several essays and a dissertation so PTE will part of it.

Dave,

So good to hear from you again. I've missed your outstanding photography as well as your PTE presentations, and was looking forward to new ones in 2009. However, studying at Oxford should certainly take the lead right now! How exciting, congratulations on returning to the classroom once again. I applaud you on your efforts and wish for you all the best. I've returned to the classroom as well, but mine will be a bit easier - Advanced Outdoor photography, and most definitely a shorter course of study and without the dissertation! icon1.gif

I envy you in the halls of Oxford !!

Bill