WnSoft Forums

Fall Hike with Friends

sanewcomb

Here is a slideshow of a weekend trip last Fall when the colors were at their peak. I've picked songs that would go with the mood of the trip (as welland have tried to synchronize movements of the music and images. Hope you enjoy. The file will be posted to my internet server space for a few weeks. It is a reduced resolution file made of 1024x768 images and weighs in around 49 MB.

http://home.comcast.net/~steve_newcomb/WestFork2008S.zip

I've appreciated the shows that others have shared on the forum as well as the tips and tricks. There is nothing that fancy in this show, but if anyone wants to know how anything was done, post a reply. Thanks to all of those who have posted before.

Happy New Year to All,

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

STEVE

when we were in Sedonna we went for a cruise in the "Pink Jeeps" -

http://www.pinkjeep.com/jeep-tours/sedona/

we seen the tree from "the legend of sleepy hollow" movie - likely made in your wee days :)

there were trees behind the best western that were teaming with humming birds - never learned how to take hummers till we got home -- "USE FLASH LAD" :)

great scenery and overall composition

looks like they have upgraded the jeeps - we rode in the back seat -- wife says she would never ride them again

ken

I enjoyed your presentation Steve. After having read your "tech talk" in the past, it is enjoyable to see the "walk." I think you used a fun approach to presenting a fun time. Having spent limited time around Sedonna, I was interested to see a bit of expanded view. It was refreshing to see beyond the few iconic scenes that means Sedonna to most visitors. But they are very nice too. My only discomfort in your piece is most labels and captions were too fast for me to read if I wanted to see the scene also. Thanks for leaving the pause bar active if I did want to go back and dwell on anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the kind remarks. I only use P2E to make personal slideshows from outdoor trips, mainly as a way to look back in the future and remember the experience as well as "relive" the experience several times shortly after the trip while making the show. I end up looking a lot more at my photographs this way than if I just reviewed them before putting them on a DVD.

Lin, those slab chairs were primo and in high demand. I guess the coldness was mostly a function of padding down there, and they felt fine to me!

Ken, I'm not much for the jeeps but I realize not everyone can get out the way I do. I support opening up some areas for this, but am against the notion that every square mile of land should be accessible or viewable by any means so everyone can see it. Not implying that you do, just expressing a strong opinion of mine that the thought of jeeps (and tour planes) brought up.

Lumenlux, there are always tradeoffs and in this case I was focused on matching the slides to the movement of the music. It starts off by selecting the photos I want to see, then the music. If you approach it this way you end up with how it fits the music. I agree the comments go by too fast, a common result of my shows. I like to have the photo on screen with nothing else at least some of the time and that is why I fade the commets out. I would enjoy an option of being able to turn the comments on and off, so there would be the option of just seeing the images. There is one side benefit. It motivates my friends to play it over a second time to get all the comments! ; )

Cheers,

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA