WnSoft Forums

Startup Window

David White

I decided to use a Startup Window for a project for my camera club. However I cannot make the window cover the whole of the visible screen area and this leaves the desktop showing round the edge - making the presentation look untidy.

Is there any way of making this window cover the whole screen?

I decided to use a Startup Window for a project for my camera club. However I cannot make the window cover the whole of the visible screen area and this leaves the desktop showing round the edge - making the presentation look untidy.

Hi Dave,

Startup Window always has a windowed mode. It can't cover the whole screen. Even if you use big picture, it will be shrunk to fit the size limit.

If you use a MENU slide - an Image or blank with links to your shows - would that be suitable for your application?

Davegee has got a point :)

You can create a slide show with the only one image and add buttons or links to it to run another presentation. Objects and Animation will help you with it.

DaveOR,

In my experience at camera clubs and AV Groups the individual slide shows are usually built to go straight in from the desktop; but to start and end with a Black Slide that fills the whole of the projector's resolution (e.g. 1024x768). They are also built so that at the end of the sequence they return from the last (black) slide to the desktop.

regards,

Peter

Hello DaveOR,

I brought up this very same topic just after version 5 came out. With the previous versions I could make a background of my own choosing for the start up window to rest on without the clutter of desktop icons etc.

When Igor picked up my post asking for help (the same as you) he replied that it was no longer a feature in the new version but would endeavour to include at a later date. To my knowledge that has yet to happen.

So good luck with the suggestions you've received.

Anthony

Dave,

I do AV shows to other clubs. What I have done and many other people do

is to switch on the Guest account (XP operating system) via control panel – user accounts. Log on as Guest user and clear the desktop of all icons. (Recycle bin is difficult but can be done). Create your own background in Photoshop typically displaying your group’s name or the event. Then just drop onto the screen icons of the sequences you wish to show. It is a neat way of showing your work.

Regards,

Roger

Hello everyone,

As someone totally new to forums I am having great difficulty in sending in my responses to all your helpful comments. I keep trying but when I look they don't seem to appear.

Therefore I apologise if my response seems somewhat tardy, but I am trying yet again and hope I will be successful this time!!

Thank you for all your assistance - the upshot is I shall go back to my preferred method of making up a menu slide and running the show from the buttons thereon. I did try putting in Startup Windows with very large file sizes and, by adjusting the aspect ratio, managed to more or less cover the screen. But it is not very satisfactory.

Once again thank you for all your helpful comments.

If this gets through I shall start a new topic on how one can take out selections from an existing .pte file without desynchronising the music files

Dave

Hi DaveOR, one of the forum members suggested Iconoid, this little program will hide all the icons on your desktop.

I used it the other day, I had lost the photo, that I use as my desktop wallpaper, so I turned Iconoid on, and captured the desktop photo, for future use.

I hope this helps, Gayland.

DaveOR

Here is another option you can use to launch your Startup Window with a full screen background.

The file attachment uses v5.6 -More tab option to Run Slide Show.

Use this file as is to create a launching exe which will in-turn run your Startup Window- slideshow.exe when you hit the keyboard Spacebar.

Read How to.txt within the zip package.

Begin_v560.zip