WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #16

Igor

PicturesToExe v4.10 beta #16 is released

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr_beta.zip (1.3 Mb)

What's new in this beta:

* Fixed minor memory leak in the Visual editor of objects after editing of transparent buttons.

+ Use "Caption of show" parameter (Project options | "Screen" tab) to display

name of presentation in the caption of window or on the taskbar.

If this parameter is not assigned then presentation will display

name of .exe file (which assigned on moment of creation).

+ Various small improvements.

p.s. it should be Release Candidate.

Very nice, Igor! :blink:

Bill, I think the compromise, in the default "windowed" case, to use the file name as caption for both window and taskbar is a good one.

Ciao,

Al

Igor,

Would it not be easy to provide Ken's request and make it possible to add a different "comment" for a customized slide, the same way we can now change the font, etc. for certain customized slides? :blink:

Thank you Igor - the server is back and I tested beta 16. :) One Item is fixed :) , but one is not :blink:

Part 1:

What's new in this beta:

* Fixed minor memory leak in the Visual editor of objects after editing of transparent buttons.

I tested the GDI Resource leak and it is still there, unfortunately. It seems to work no differently in beta 16 when compared to beta 10. I found that I didn't even have to actually edit anything in the visual object editor. It takes no more than the sequence of clicking Object Editor, then OK and repeat. About 1-2% of free GDI Resources are consumed every time the sequence is repeated. If it helps to know this, the show parameters used are:

Windowed, 400x80, Customized slide comment (that displays when you go into vis object editor), PTE navigation bar with five of the possible PTE navigation commands used (that also displays in vis object editor), and a single object button (by the way, not transparent), with button action (any action can be used (maybe even none?) - I tried Exit and Help actions with no change in leak).

The system is Win98SE, and PTE is v4.10 beta #16.

By the way, I don't see this as memory being consumed until failure. It is just free GDI Resources that are running down to nearly zero before I stop repeating the "vis object editor, then OK" sequence. And once again the increasingly consumed GDI Resources from that simple repeat action are all freed upon PTE exit.

Part 2:

What's new in this beta:

+ Use "Caption of show" parameter (Project options | "Screen" tab) to display

name of presentation in the caption of window or on the taskbar.

If this parameter is not assigned then presentation will display

name of .exe file (which assigned on moment of creation).

The Caption of show change was tested in window with border, window without border and fullscreen modes, with a Caption of show and without a Caption of show (hence default applies). Eveything is flawless in Window title caption (window with border) and task bar caption (all six test combinations). Looks great! Thanks Igor :)