WnSoft Forums

Black and White are Colours too!

Almark

Interesting show Mark.

One suggestion I would make is that you "hide the mouse cursor", yours is set the default, "hide after 3 seconds".

If someone bumps the table the computer is on, or absentmindedly pays with their mouse during the show, the cursor appears on screen and is quite distracting.

Hope you do well with it

post-239-1235045083_thumb.jpg

Mark,

Black and White can say so much, it also happens to be my personal favourite.

Great photography and the mood of the sequence kept my eyes glued to the screen. Great work and I wish you well with this entry.

Ralph

Really enjoyed it,

Is there a chance of explaining to a newbie how you did your dissolves while keeping images on the screen.

The effect is very proffessional and I am sure it will do well in the competition.

Thanks for allowing me to enjoy it.

Kieron

Sadly the AV didn't do well in the NIPA AV Festival 2009. I had left the comment 'that black and white our colours too' at about mid way and then left the photographs of windows, stairs, light and shadow to stand for themselves. The judges didn't agree, they thought the comment should have been moved to the end. So I have moved it and updated the exe. Thank you all for your comments.

Admiral, the effects for the windows, stairs, light and shadow was done in Photoshop, multiple layers, blurring and darkening the images behind so that the focus is on the brightest newest layer. You do this by duplicating the layer, darkening and bluriing it, then adding the new image. Then you duplicate it and do the same, and on and on. I am sure there are many ways of doing this, but that is how I did it.

Updated

http://www.markallenphotography.co.uk/mark...eries/mono2.exe

Super show Mark with superb photography.

The judges can't be right all the time ! :(

There were some cracking sequences in the competition. :D

Good luck in the future.

Best Wishes

Maureen

Maureen,

I thought your judging was spot on and I have taken your comments on the chin. I thought the 'that black and white our colours too' at about mid way worked well. But I was wrong, so I have changed it. Also: I thought I had darkened the backgrounds to my framed slides, but when I looked again I found that you were right. There were a number that had bright spots that distracted from the main image. So I did as you suggested and darkened them some more. As a result I feel the AV is much improved, so thank you both for your feedback.

BTW: I also amended my 'Yellowstone in Winter' to reflect your hubby's comments about buildings/landscapes/buildings/landscapes - to - just buildings/landscapes. Again the advice was spot on. I had missed this, blinded by attempts at getting all my portraits together and forgetting about the overall 'flow'. However my good lady stays in ;-)

AV festivals are a great opportunity to see and learn, and only a fool would ignore expert advice, tips and suggestions.