WnSoft Forums

Masks Anomaly

TonyFalla

I have been experimenting with masks and have found a bit of a funny. I created a 1024 x 768 black image and then superimposed a 256 x 256 white image in the top left corner and created a mask. I then moved the 256 x 256 image along 256 pixels and created a further mask repeating this I created 12 masks which would give me a 4 x 3 grid.

I loaded a 1024 x 768 image and then added the first mask, i.e. one with a 256 x 256 square in top left corner and added another 1024 x 768 image to this. This worked fine I had my background image with a small part of the second image in the top left corner.

I then added a second mask container with the 12th mask I had made, i.e. bottom right hand corner. This is where the anomaly occurred. Instead of getting a transparent square, the left side of the mask square was transparent but the right side of the square contained part of the image I had added to the first mask.

I experimented further and found the same thing happened for the top right square mask, and the middle right square mask, but none of the other masks.

I then created my self two further masks, again using 1024 x 768 black background but this time I covered the left hand side with a 512 X 768 white image and created one mask then repeated with the white image on the right hand side.

I repeated my experiment, and this time when I loaded the right hand mask I had the same effect again instead of the mask being transparent there is about a 100 – 150 pixel strip of the image added to the first mask shown on the right hand side.

This does not appear to affect the operation of the mask as if I do a Preview without adding an image to the second mask the partial image in the second mask does not show. It is just I find it disconcerting for part of the other image to appear in this way.

Has anybody else experienced this or have an explanation?

Tony

Let me describe what I see when opening your pte-file.

At first sight in the O&A window I was wondering what you were claiming. My standard magnification is set to 25%.

When I set this to 50% or 100% and then shift the bottom/horizontal slider a little to the left -> there it is!

The picture is moving from the right side into the transparent section where it shouldn't be.

That's my 2cents for anybody who is, like me, not recognizing the problem at first sight.

When adding a picture to the mask container the problem vanishes, even if the picture is zoomed in a way that it is much smaller than the mask.

So it leeds to the assumption that mask containers without pictures "move" with the horizontal slider. Not the same with the vertical slider.

It's a minor bug because I think masks without pictures are useless.

regards,

Frank

Thanks for your comments Frank, funnily enough I normally have my O&A screen set to full screen (Auto), everybody has there own preferences.

I agree it is only a minor bug and I only discovered it because I was not not putting images into the masks. As I said in my first post I have been experimenting with masks trying to get it clear in my mind how a combination of masks worked using various numbers of mask containers. I found that if I put an image in a mask it wasn't always easy to see the effect an addition of other masks had, whereas just inserting the mask gave me a transparent shape of the mask and I could see what happened to this when I manipulated mask containers and masks.

Tony