WnSoft Forums

Emails

Ian Smith

I have already brought this topic up, but despite well meant advice the emails still come and I really would like to be able to turn them off

When an email arrives it says you can unsubscribe by going to emails settings and unchecking "Send me any updates sent by the board administrator"

This I have done so why do the emails still keep coming? I don't wish to withdraw completely from the Forum, but would just like to unsubscribe from time to time.

Ian

Hi Ian

Have you subscribed to any " Topics " or " Forums ", in the section " Subscriptions "

To check

Go to " My Controls "

Left side - " Subscriptions "

Click " View Topics " if any, on the right side check the empty boxes.

At the bottom of the panel " Unsubscribe " - click " With selected " ( in the drop down list ) you can choose " No e-mail notification "

However you may want to just " Unsubscribe " and see if that works.

Repeat this also for " View Forums "

-------------------------------------

While in the " My Controls " you may want to double check - " E-mail Settings "

Section " Board Preferences "

Any changes, make sure you click " Amend my e-mail settings "

Hi Ian

Have you subscribed to any " Topics " or " Forums ", in the section " Subscriptions "

To check

Go to " My Controls "

Left side - " Subscriptions "

Click " View Topics " if any, on the right side check the empty boxes.

At the bottom of the panel " Unsubscribe " - click " With selected " ( in the drop down list ) you can choose " No e-mail notification "

However you may want to just " Unsubscribe " and see if that works.

Repeat this also for " View Forums "

-------------------------------------

While in the " My Controls " you may want to double check - " E-mail Settings "

Section " Board Preferences "

Any changes, make sure you click " Amend my e-mail settings "

No, that didn't work. This is extremely annoying. The option to turn off receiving emails option does not appear to work and I will just have to accept getting them for the rest of my life. I think I am going to have recurring nightmares and quietly go insane. In the end it may annoy me so much I will just get out of the forum completely if that is possible.

Ian

If you can't stop them at their source, the mail can be blocked in your own email settings in Outlook Express or whatever you use. Or, back to the Forum settings, can't you, or have you already, set it to "digest" style so you only have one email to delete. Or - close out your forum account and open a new one where the default does not send email. Or, just keep the problem in your pocket as an excuse to go insane as you have proposed. :rolleyes:

If you can't stop them at their source, the mail can be blocked in your own email settings in Outlook Express or whatever you use. Or, back to the Forum settings, can't you, or have you already, set it to "digest" style so you only have one email to delete. Or - close out your forum account and open a new one where the default does not send email. Or, just keep the problem in your pocket as an excuse to go insane as you have proposed. :rolleyes:

Or maybe the Forum could have a serious look at the complexities of their website. In my opinion it is ludicrously complicated and in desprate need of simplyfying and making more user friendly. I have experienced quite of number of forums that are simple to use and when you ask them to do something like stop sending emails it is easy to do and you get a result.

The concept of a Form I would have thought is to provide and easy to use facility whereby people can exchange experiences and learn by them. It mechanics of using the website should not be something that taxes people's ability to the point of unproductive frustration.

Ian