WnSoft Forums

Can I still download PTE 5.5?

Bill Artman

I recently installed PTE 5.6 and I having an issue using it with another program. So I can try to figure out what the problem is I would like to download PTE version 5.5 and install the older version.

Is PTE 5.5 still available for download?

Thanks!

I recently installed PTE 5.6 and I having an issue using it with another program. So I can try to figure out what the problem is I would like to download PTE version 5.5 and install the older version.

Is PTE 5.5 still available for download?

Thanks!

Hi Bill, go to wnsoft.com > News archives > June, 2, 2008 > Download.

Hope this helps, Gayland

Hello Bill,

Previous version 5.5:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/pte551.zip

But please could you describe in more details what problem you have discovered with the new version 5.6? Thanks in advance.

Hello Igor;

Sorry it has taken me a couple of days to reply.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP3.

I am a professional photographer in the US. My computer is connected to a 65 inch projection TV and I use a presentation software program to show portrait images to my clients so they can choose their poses and order their portraits. The presentation program has a special capability to recognize a PTE file by looking for the .exe file extension. I place the PTE file in the "image viewing" folder which contains the portraits. When I click on the "slide show" button which is part of the presentation program's splash screen the PTE slide show automatically starts and the slide show displays FULL screen.

This has always worked properly until PTE 5.6. When I was using 5.5 the slide show would display FULL screen. When I use 5.6 the slide show does not display FULL screen but instead it displays about 75 percent of the screen and in the upper left corner of the monitor.

I have attached two files. The file name PTE 5.5 shows the slide show playing FULL screen. The file name PTE 5.6 show the slide show playing less than FULL screen in the upper left corner of the monitor.

When I play the 5.6 slide show from Windows Explorer and not from within the presentation software the slide show plays in FULL screen properly. The trouble appears when I play the 5.6 slide show in the presentation software.

I have talked to the man who writes the presentation software and he told me his program just starts the exe slide show file and it should play FULL screen but it is not doing this.

This is interesting to me because 5.5 works perfectly and runs in FULL screen in the presentation software but 5.6 does not. This would make me think the issue is something in 5.6.

Do you have any thoughts. Thanks for your help. Have a super week!

post-326-1236200535_thumb.jpg

post-326-1236200554_thumb.jpg

Bill,

It is a very interesting bug.

1) Do you have only one display (TV panel) connected to your computer? (In other words your TV panel is primary display in settings of Windows)

Or you have computer display and TV panel as a secondary display? You know that slideshow starts only on primary display and you have two displays slideshow will not be shown on secondary display. If some software can force work of slideshow on second display it can cause such problem.

2) What screen mode use your slideshow: Fullscreen or windowed? (See Project options | Screen tab).

3) Where I can download this presentation software to test it with slideshows?

Bill,

It is a very interesting bug.

1) Do you have only one display (TV panel) connected to your computer? (In other words your TV panel is primary display in settings of Windows)

Or you have computer display and TV panel as a secondary display? You know that slideshow starts only on primary display and you have two displays slideshow will not be shown on secondary display. If some software can force work of slideshow on second display it can cause such problem.

2) What screen mode use your slideshow: Fullscreen or windowed? (See Project options | Screen tab).

3) Where I can download this presentation software to test it with slideshows?

Igor;

I would like to say again that everything worked perfect with PTE 5.5. The problem started with 5.6.

Answers to your questions:

1) My video card has 3 outputs. 2 outputs go to 2 monitors. The second monitor is used for my Photoshop palettes. The 3rd output is S-video connected to a 65 inch projection TV for presenting portrait images to my clients. When I am not using the TV the video card driver is set to switch the output connected to the second monitor to "extend desktop". When I use the TV for a client presentation the video card driver is set to switch the video output from the second monitor to the S-video connector to drive the big screen TV.

2) I am using Fullscreen screen mode

3) The presentation software is not downloadable. I would have to try to upload it to you if that would be possible. You would then have to add my registration code and I would have to tell you how to operate the software to the point of loading images and running the PTE 5.6 slideshow so you could actually see what is happening.

I have this same problem when trying to run a PTE 5.6 slideshow from within the presentation software on a Windows XP Pro SP3 machine and also on a Windows XP Pro SP3 laptop so I don't think this is a machine problem.

I did notice that the Project Options Screen tab in 5.6 is different than 5.5. Would the virtual size of slide setting make the slideshow run in the upper left corner of the screen instead of full screen?

There is a preference in the presentation software which tells the software to simply run a PTE show if it recognizes a .exe file in the same folder with all of the individual images.

The 5.6 slideshow runs perfect from Windows Explorer. There must be something in 5.6 that is not there is 5.5.

I hope you have some thoughts. Thanks very much for your help!