WnSoft Forums

opening exe slideshow on a mac

leona

I have family members who have Macs, and are unable to open my PTE slideshows. I have also tried sending as a zip, without luck. When I make the show, I can only save as an exe. Is there anyway they can view my shows, easily? I really appreciate any input! Thank you!

I have family members who have Macs, and are unable to open my PTE slideshows. I have also tried sending as a zip, without luck. When I make the show, I can only save as an exe. Is there anyway they can view my shows, easily? I really appreciate any input! Thank you!

Hi Leona,

Igor is working on this..

regards,

Henri.

Leona,

if you have the Deluxe version of PTE you can easily export your shows as HD video for PC and Mac (MP.4).

Regards,

Xaver H.

Munich

I have PTE 4.48 version, is the Deluxe version a free upgrade, if not what is the cost for upgrading? Also, is it as user friendly? I've been using PTE for about 4 years and absolutely love it for my family slideshows! Any other useful information on the deluxe version? All I really want to do is let Mac friends open my show! Thanks to all who responded!

I have PTE 4.48 version, is the Deluxe version a free upgrade, if not what is the cost for upgrading? Also, is it as user friendly? I've been using PTE for about 4 years and absolutely love it for my family slideshows! Any other useful information on the deluxe version?

Leona,

Version 5 offers a lot of additional functionality (including animation effects), but it also has higher demands on hardware. Some people (including myself) consider version 5 as rather self-explanatory, other users' opinions are in opposition. For version 5 there exist two editions, Standard and Deluxe. As you have a license for version 4 you can install PTE Standard without any additional costs, and it offers all features for building slide shows to be run on a PC. So use this edition first, and see if you like it. Version 5 will be installed into a separate folder, and you can use both versions in parallel. The Deluxe edition offers additional features (VideoBuilder), such as burning your shows on a DVD, or HD video export. The upgrade to PTE Deluxe can happen at a later point of time.

Just one remark: When you run the setup for PTE version 5, both editions will be installed, but the VideoBuilder will run in a restricted way until you have purchased an additional key.

Best regards,

Xaver