WnSoft Forums

Speakers

Hi

not sure if this is anything to do with p2e or not, but any help would be appreciated.

I have a 5.1 surround sound speaker set up attatched to my pc.

If I play an mp3 in windows media player the music comes out of 4 speakers ie 2 front and 2 rear (also the same if I play a video in quick time), If I then add this same mp3 to p2e and then play back the created exe the music only comes from the 2 front speakers and nothing from the 2 rear.

Is this how it should be, or should the sound come from all 4 speakers, or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks

Kind regards

Paul

Guest Yachtsman1
Hi

not sure if this is anything to do with p2e or not, but any help would be appreciated.

I have a 5.1 surround sound speaker set up attatched to my pc.

If I play an mp3 in windows media player the music comes out of 4 speakers ie 2 front and 2 rear (also the same if I play a video in quick time), If I then add this same mp3 to p2e and then play back the created exe the music only comes from the 2 front speakers and nothing from the 2 rear.

Is this how it should be, or should the sound come from all 4 speakers, or am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks

Kind regards

Paul

Hi Paul

I think using the system as you describe, PTE will convert to stereo. What you could do is create a DVD of the show & see if that plays in surround sound? :unsure:

Yachtsman1

Paul,

I'm not aware that PTE currently supports "surround sound". But I did see a post from Igor a couple of weeks ago saying that he was re-writing the sound engine. Perhaps surround sound will be part of that re-write.

regards,

Peter

Hi,

I made the following test: I configured the audio driver of my system in a way to have front and rear speakers. I connected four speakers and ran a normal stereo mp3-file. While Goldwave, Windows MP, VLC, and MPlayerC HC served the front and rear speakers, it happened that Audacity, IrfanView, and PTE only played the music using the front speakers.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi

Xaver, thanks for carrying out your tests. Please forgive my ignorance but I'm not too clever on software matters, does this mean that Audacity, Irfanview and PTE are not configured in the software to allow the front and rear speakers to work together?

Many thanks

Kind regards

Paul

... does this mean that Audacity, Irfanview and PTE are not configured in the software to allow the front and rear speakers to work together ...

Hi Paul,

My Windows XP system seems to offer two audio interfaces: MME (Multimedia Extensions) and DirectSound. Both make use of the same Realtec audio chip on my motherboard. In the configuration I described above, where I configured my system in a way to have front and rear speakers (instead of Line in/out) stereo tracks are played via 4 speakers, but only if the player uses the DirectSound interface. Audacity 1.3.7B offers a choice (MME: only front speakers, DirectSound: 4 speakers), while PTE seems to use MME.

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver,

PicturesToExe uses DirectSound audio interface of Windows since v5.00.

Paul,

PicturesToExe outputs music and sound in stereo mode (2.0) and then it depends on settings of your audio card or settings of audio receiver how they handle stereo audio streams. For example, my integrated Realtek sound card at home duplicates front two channels to rear channels when I using analogue cable connection. Also my computer connected to Harman-Kardon audio receiver by optical cable and this Realtek sound card outputs 2.0 audio stream which Harman-Kardon converts to Logic 7 5.1 audio channels.