WnSoft Forums

I wish to run a PTE show as part of a PowerPoint presentation

morturn

I wish to run a PTE show as part of a PowerPoint presentation to a group of people at college.

If you are familiar with power point, there is an option to run the presentation in “presenter view”, it basically means that you as presenter can see your PowerPoint notes on your screen, but the audience can only see the full screen presentation. You have to set the computer to do this, so it acts like an extended desktop.

At the moment, I can run the PowerPoint presentation, and some video clips OK, but when it comes to the PTE show, it will only run on the main monitor (laptop) and not on my LCD projector. I can of course run the laptop with LCD projector mirroring, but you loose the notes and timing facility.

Has anyone come across this and is there a workaround?

Hello morturn,

I never thought you could start videos and PTE shows from a Powerpoint presentation

That's an excellent idea.

In Powerpoint, I inserted an exe file on a slide (insert | Object | From file) but when I click on the icon, the exe doen't start... Any idea why ?

Actually, is there a way for the exe to be automatically started without havng to click on it ?

I found a way to do it : http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-office-...html#post576233

Click Insert > Object. Select Create from file.

Click Browse and look for the exe file. Click Ok.

Now, click Slide Show > Custom Animation.

Select the exe icon that has been inserted, click Add Effect > ObjectActions > Activate Contents.

Under Start, set On click to After Previous so that it starts automatically.

But I don't undestand the end of the explanation.

I have a french version of PowerPoint and I can't see Under Start, set On click to After Previous

Could you please explain or even better make screenshots ? :unsure:

They way I did it was not to insert and object, by to insert a link to an “action” it may be that I am using a later version of power point then you, so I am not sure if this facility is available in version 2003.

To take this process one step further, I inserted a picture first, then put the link to the action, from the picture, so when you click the picture, PTE starts. (you may get a warning about exe files, but just click “enable”) hope this helps.

post-2352-1241557329_thumb.jpg