WnSoft Forums

Add Pause on double click to projects options

You can do it (pause) with a single click! It is just a question of configuration.

Regards,

Xaver

Maybe you could look at my configuration? I made a simple test case - 4 slides in the show. The 3rd slide has a long zoom. The space bar will pause it immediately, either mouse totally jumps out of the zoom. I said pause in the animation setup. Didn't see anywhere else to set it. I downloaded my test case to:

http://rapidshare.com/files/232304651/PTE_Projects_Test2.zip

Thanks for any suggestions

RalphA,

If you set your left mouse button to Pause instead of Next slide you can then achieve what you want on the zooming image. Unfortunately this may result in the manual advance on the other slides requiring two clicks. This is because the Pause setting causes the left mouse button to act as a Pause/Go toggle switch (first click = Pause, second click = Resume).

An alternative approach would be to use the Navigation Bar. On Project Options...Advanced, tick "Show Navigation Bar" and then click "Customize Navigation Bar".

Perhaps you may find a suitable solution here.

regards,

Peter

Thanks for the suggestion, Peter. My normal mouse setup is left previous slide, right next slide like on a Carousel. I changed the next slide option to pause, and can pause the zoom, but as you say, manual advance takes several clicks. I don't use pause that often, so will use space bar for now, but I do think adding a double click option to be set in project options would be useful future feature. It adds a 3rd function to a remote mouse. In my case I would say pause on double click. As far as I can see, it is not possible thru current configuration options to have previous slide, next slide, and pause in the same show, unless you add a navigation bar.

A possible alternative could be an "invisible navigation bar". Cover on top level the screen with two non-overlapping transparent frames, covering the left and the right half of the screen. For these frames (which are easy to hit with the mouse), choose "Previous slide" and "Next slide" as actions on mouse click. Furthermore, assign "Pause" to the right mouse button, and "None" to the left one. This has to be done for each slide, but this is easy using copy and paste.

Regards,

Xaver

A possible alternative could be an "invisible navigation bar". Cover on top level the screen with two non-overlapping transparent frames, covering the left and the right half of the screen. For these frames (which are easy to hit with the mouse), choose "Previous slide" and "Next slide" as actions on mouse click. Furthermore, assign "Pause" to the right mouse button, and "None" to the left one. This has to be done for each slide, but this is easy using copy and paste.

Regards,

Xaver

Thank you Xaver. I will try that. It sounds interesting and educational. A week or two ago, I had never used any of the version 5+ features, even though I was using it for conventional slide shows. I watched someone's tutorial and then experimented with zoom, and now I need to learn what transparent frames are. I will read the user guide and search the forum a little bit, and come back to this thread in a few days if I have problems. Thanks for your suggestions.