WnSoft Forums

Wireless presenter for PTE

stonemason

I'm looking for a wireless presenter to use with manually advanced PTE slideshows, with the ability to send remote left and right mouse button signals to a laptop to forward and reverse slides, also escape signal would be handy to terminate a show from a distance. Most I have found seem to be aimed at powerpoint presentations. Has anyone any experiance, or recomendations for this type of equipment. Must be UK available. I found this one as an example

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/Search...sp?EdpNo=245620

Geoff

This is what I use, but did not pay at this price point. You can get it much cheaper. The one that is only good for 30 ft. is lower priced.

Probably overkill, and not what you intended, but I also use it for a media center. I have controlled a show from over 100 ft away.

I needed a wireless keyboard and this works great. You can control the volume and have the ability to use the escape key.

http://www.gyration.com/p-18-go-pro-24ghz-...oard-suite.aspx

Kieron

Geoff,

I dont own one but on a couple of occassions I have been given one of these "Powerpoint" remote control devices to use in conjunction with the host organisation's own equipment. The limited amount of "playing around" I was able to do (under the guise of familiarisation) suggested to me that these devices provide remotely a subset of the mouse activity and keyboard function. The two I was given to use both allowed left and right click and also double click on left. They had also seemed to have buttons offering the function equivalent to Page Up/Page Down.

I have no need of one because my Dell projector has an extra cable and can be hooked up so that its own remote control acts as a USB mouse. I don't use this feature very often because I don't show many manually advanced sequences. But when I do, it is very handy to have!

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

There was a comment on another thread when I brought up the subject of manual advancement a couple on months ago, that the projectors own remote could be used to manually advance an EXE file set for manual advancement by mouse. I tried it with my Nobo X17 projector & couldn't get it to work. However, my Sony VPL-EX5 projector remote does. Not sure of the range however.

Yachtsman1

Geoff

I have just recently bought such a presenter which does all I need to control a manual show.

See here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Targus-AMP02EU-Wir...;qid=1242214130

It is lower priced than the one you referenced, (with free delivery of course!) but it's also slightly lower spec'd ( no volume or timer alert) but it does all I want it to do.

Take a look if you've not done so yet.

Eric

Most of these presenters are 'much of a muchness' and, as with most reviews, a bad experience colours the tone of the input.

All I can say is, for the price, this unit seems (so far) to perform as expected.

Any other make or model could/would be just as suitable.

• 1 year later...

Glad I found this thread but was hoping for stonemason update on how presenter worked. There is an updated model that is supposed to control to 50' and have been thinking of that one and was wondering if any has experience with it: Targus 2.4 GHz Wireless Laser Presentation Remote with KeyLock, Range up to 50 Feet AMP13US ?

Hi Skipper, the presenter I bought has given trouble free service, and certainly has enough range for all the halls I've used it in (biggest being about 50 ft x 50ft)Movement and positioning of the mouse can be a bit of a black art, but for going forward and backwards in a manually driven slideshow it's excellent, and means that you are always facing your audiance.

Geoff