WnSoft Forums

Movement in layers

Mike Reed

This is driving me mad.

I want to make the curtain in a theatre image go up behind the procenium. Simple I know but which ever way I try it the curtain moves infront of the main image.

I wish to create the effect of the raising of the Safety Curtain before a show commences. There must be a way!

Mike,

Please post your pte project.

Delete all the slides except the one with the curtain.

Save the project as an archive (in PTE, File | Create Backup in ZIP).

Upload the zip file somewhere.

It will be much easier for us to help you if we can see your project.

Mike,

I'm presuming you have two images: the procenium arch and the curtain. They should both appear as independent objects in the O&A window - not as parent and child objects. In the list of objects, the procenium should come above the curtain - think Photoshop layer stacks. Then when you animate the curtain it will pass behind the arch.

regards,

Peter

Mike,

I'm presuming you have two images: the procenium arch and the curtain. They should both appear as independent objects in the O&A window - not as parent and child objects. In the list of objects, the procenium should come above the curtain - think Photoshop layer stacks. Then when you animate the curtain it will pass behind the arch.

regards,

Peter

Thanks Peter and The Dom. I will give Peter's advice a try and if that fails it is over to you Dom. I am sure I did try what you suggested Peter but just maybe I got the layers in the wrong order.

Mike