WnSoft Forums

Pan & Zoom problems

apcranswick

I am trying to use pan & zoom in some of my slides, but find if I use a mode of other than linear, the pan or zoom does not start and end at the appropriate keyframe, but works from the beginning of the slide to the end of the slide, including transistion effects. I have tried various combinations of modes for the three options of pan, zoom and rotate and the animation only seems to work from the appropriate keyframes if all three are set to linear. I would really like to be using smooth. A search in the various tutorials and forums has yielded no clues. Is there some setting I am missing?

To try and add clarification to DG's post:

Linear works across all keyframes - because it is linear. The other options work between an adjacent pair of key frames. If your object has multiple keyframes then you need to do as DG advises, and separate the keyframes so that you can then specify which mode to use between each pair.

regards,

Peter

DG,

Not to labour an old discussion but it would work far better for me if "GLUE HERE" were to say "SEPERATED" and "SEPERATE HERE" were to say "GLUED".

For special and personal needs to suit your preferences ... its possible to edit the PTE language ini file (English.ini) within the program directory to display text more to your likeing.

I dont recommend this file editing for non-experienced PC and PTE users ... but I often edit it to suit my particular needs and preferences.

See image attachment.

post-45-068594600 1297004915_thumb.jpg

To try and add clarification to DG's post:

Linear works across all keyframes - because it is linear. The other options work between an adjacent pair of key frames. If your object has multiple keyframes then you need to do as DG advises, and separate the keyframes so that you can then specify which mode to use between each pair.

regards,

Peter

Many thanks to the two of you for your help. I'm still trying to sort the logic in my mind, but I can now get the system working, even though it seems a bit quirky.

Thanks,

Alex

I am trying to use pan & zoom in some of my slides, but find if I use a mode of other than linear, the pan or zoom does not start and end at the appropriate keyframe, but works from the beginning of the slide to the end of the slide, including transistion effects. I have tried various combinations of modes for the three options of pan, zoom and rotate and the animation only seems to work from the appropriate keyframes if all three are set to linear. I would really like to be using smooth. A search in the various tutorials and forums has yielded no clues. Is there some setting I am missing?

Alex

I hope I havn't misunderstood your question. (but works from the beginning of the slide to the end of the slide, including transistion effects) You can have your animation start and stop at any point, either after your image is fully on screen and stop the animation before the next transition, by clicking and sliding the blue start and end flags. See screen grab

Hi Alex,

Go back and set everything to "linear." Then change to "smooth" on one of the keyframes, then go to "setting up" and click each of the "seperate here" points. This will then set all keyframes to smooth for that object or slide. If you don't do this, the results may be uncertain. It's best to program everything in "linear" then after all the timings, etc., are correct, go set up "smooth" and use the "setting up," etc. Do this for all of the animation possibilities to be on the safe side. Even if you don't have any "rotate" or "pan" if you "accidentally" move an image during the size, for example, the "pan" will be affected. If you accidentally rotate only a degree, the "rotate" will be affected. There is no "penalty" for setting smooth on all three even if they are not used in your animation. It's safe "insurance" against unexpected results.

Best regards,

Lin

Many thanks to the two of you for your help. I'm still trying to sort the logic in my mind, but I can now get the system working, even though it seems a bit quirky.

Thanks,

Alex