WnSoft Forums

Beta 5 Tutorial

Lin Evans

O.K. Guys here's the first stab at a tutorial. It's on the web so probably best to print it off (about 9 pages).

Don't hold me to correct spelling and my Microsoft Publisher I used to make these pages is acting up so it's not too pretty - but I think it will get most of you through applying animations and perhaps doing a picture in picture animation as well. More to come later when I get more time.

http://www.lin-evans.net/beta5/index.html

Best regards,

lin

Thanks also Lin

Ron [uK]

Thank you, Lin!

Hot keys in the Visual editor:

"/" and "*" (on additional keyboard) to set scale of a slide to 100% and Auto

Free resizing of an image when you hold Shift key.

Hold Shift key when you need to move image exactly horizontally or vertically.

Multiselect with Ctrl key or with mouse selection.

Many thanks Lin and even bigger thanks to Igor.

I have found the new features quite easy to follow after a short "play" with this beta version but Lin's tutorial is an excellent help too and much appreciated. :D

Thankfully I am almost back to full strength on my computer after lots of problems.

Only one minor glitch left to fix.

Thanks again :D

BW Maureen

:)

Hi Lin

Would just like to add my thanks for your tutorial on v5 panning. Have not yet had a cnace to play with it, but it will undoubtedly save some anguish!

Must also thank Igor and team for another superb upgrade. I really do not know how they do it all!

What a brilliant group of people they are.

Lin, thank you for taking time to guide many of us in the new Beta. Your tutorial was just right to somewhat focus my initial shotgun approach. But it did not slow down my enthusiasm for Igor's accomplishment. And by the time I succumbed to sleep, it was about the same time as your message time stamp of the day before. I suspect there are many late night hours being devoured by 5.0 early enthusiasts. :)

I'm wondering if you have noticed one characteristic of the zoom in and out feature. My observation is that (at least in some instances) a long duration zoom makes more "progress" in the first few seconds than in the last few seconds. That is the zoom rate slows as the duration increases? Maybe this is just my perception but I am curious what you or others or Igor might be able to explain.

Lumenlux

I think the zoom speed is an optical illusion if you start zoomed in and zoom out for example objects initially appear closer and feel like they are moving faster but as they get smaller the visual rate of change is less so the zoom appears slower and vice versa if you start zoomed out then zoom in.

I have seen the non-linear zooms in some other programs which speed up initially then slow down and vice versa depending on where you start from, I think Igor will implementing this in future.

P.S. Love the ability to give a 16:9 DVD ratio screen, this really gives the shows a cinematic quality.