Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

thedom

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,323
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by thedom

  1. Ron, I didn't forget but I need time. I think I won't start before at least one week unfortunately. Btw, I asked you a question about my template (see here), I guess you missed it : "Ron, I don't understand your answer, did you read the explanations in my post and did you really tried to use the template ???" If so, why don't you think it's user friendly and what could I improve to make it easier to use ? Thank you for your suggestions.
  2. Very nice Lin ! I think I guess the trick but I would never have thought to it without your demo. Thanks. I think I'm gonna make a template with full credit to you for the realization and bjc for the idea.
  3. Bjc, If I refer to the title of the post "only with PTE" and to the tips JPD shows at the end of his demo, I guess it's done enterily with square images transformed in PTE using "PTE frames" and XY zoom (without constrained proportions) applied to the frames, each side of the cube beeing in a frame. But I suspect there are a lot of calculations to have this kind of animation on three axis and may be excel use "JPD's way" (see here). Very impressive anyway !
  4. Célou, did you watch the demo in both resolution (800x600 and 1280x1024) ?
  5. Jean-Pierre, I totally agree (see this message I posted one hour ago) but - and I'm sure you noticed it - most people don't work with sub-objects. At the beginning, it was an answer to Célou who recommended in his tutorial to use "original" mode for a picture at level 1. That's why I wrote those recommandations. Actually, I should have add, "If you put an image in a slide not as a sub-object", use "fit to slide" mode. But most of people are not experts as you are, and I don't want to confuse them. Do you agree ? Or you can use a "frame", it's faster because this object is a rectangle with opacity = 0% by default.
  6. Ron, I read your tutorial and even if it's easier for beginners, I noticed you save the pictures as .png files (they are huge !) with a lot of transparency (torture for low system). Why not save the 4 pictures in the .jpg format ? And in PTE, add a frame and add the 4 pictures as 4 sub-objects of the frame. The picture have to be in "original" mode, zoom = 50%. After, it's quite easy after to move the four pictures with the mouse to have a perfect recomposed image. And for instance, there is a problem with .png file in PTE => there is a white line around each picture.
  7. Célou, Sorry for taking so long to answer. To show you the risk, I made a little demo : [click on the picture to download the demo] This demonstration was made to show the risk to use the "original" mode for your pictures. In the first slide, the picture is in "original" mode. in the second slide, the same picture is in the "fit to slide" mode. The picture is supposed to be framed with the four blue rectangles (like in the thumbnail above). First, watch the show in 1280x1024. => Same result for both slide, no problem. Change your screen resolution and set 800x600. Watch the show : oops, there is a small problem for the first slide (not presented as the way it was intended), but no problem with the second slide. Conclusion : use "original" mode very precautioniously ! And if you don't want to be resolution dependant, "fit to slide" mode is safer.
  8. Bjc, Thank you for your answer. Camtasia Studio 3 is quite expensive unfortunately (single-user license $299.00 per copy ) but the result is really excellent.
  9. Jean-Pierre, I realized the demo is more than 15 mb (why is it so big ???). So could you please upload it somewhere and send me the link ? Thank you.
  10. WOaaaah, Jean-Pierre, you really are the master ! I'm really impressed once again ! I was planning to make such an effect but it wouldn't be so nice. Would you agree to send me the PTE project (to thefreedom@[no_spam] free.fr) so that I can make a template and host it on my site (with full credit for you of course). Thanks.
  11. Manfred, There are two examples of each possible use Lin explained : - grouping objects in a parent/child relationship : JPD - "PTE 5 and objects" Demo/Tutorial (actually, it's better to use PTE frames because they are by default invisible) ] - "artistic" use : TheDom - "PTE Rectangles" demo" :
  12. Bjc, The link is now correct. Thanks. Nice effect. Unfortunately, the ability to transform an object (to move each corner individually) was already asked, Igor thought about it and answered it as not feasible (sorry, I can't find the post). Lin, may be I'm wrong, but I think it is not possible to make such an effect by only using the ability to deform an object in PTE. If you have a second watch at bjc's show, you can see that each page is deformed at the top and bottom to give a 3d effect (the bottom and the top line of each page don't stay parallel).
  13. bjc, I tried to download the zip using this link : http://www.bjc100.co.uk/PTE/Flipping Images.zip but didn't succeed : -404 file not found. Could you please check the link ? Thanks. PS : you send three times the same post, it would nice if you could delete the others.
  14. Lin, I just have posted your tutorials in the "Useful Tutorials for slideshows" section. But it's only links to your files. The StarWars effect is just great ! Thanks.
  15. Bjc, I guess your PTE v5 tutorial has this kind of compression and it's really enough. More than 25 minutes of video and only 12,4 mb ! I really like : - the way it is presented (with several steps). - the ability to have control on the video (play, pause, etc...) By the way, which software did you use to record your tutorial and to convert it in flash ? And what microphone do you use because the sound is cristal clear ? Thanks.
  16. Hopefully, I think it's only temporary : see here (Igor's answer).
  17. Hi Lin, I am really interested in this effect because I couldn't succeed to do it : I can't use "free transform" on text with photoshop (don't know why ). I'm at work right now (lunch time) and I can't watch your tutorial because there is no speakers. But I'm gonna have a look at your tutorial, probably tonight. You point out the compression problem. And you're right because huge files (like your cube tutorial - more than 200 mb !) prevent people to download it (and I can't host it, I just will give the link if you agree). Last but not least, you are very talented (clear and detailed explanations). Congratulations and keep up the good work !
  18. hehehe, actually, I'm working on it... But first I want to finish the v2 of my photocube photoshop action (see here) to make this effect possible for everybody. I just need time to finish it (will be avalaible probably before the end of the week).
  19. Célou, I receveid your file. Thank you. There is a lot of work in here ! I only had a quick look for the moment but I noticed something that seems quite dangerous in your "zoom tutorial". You recommend to put the picture in the "original" mode. Doing this, your zoom is dependant of the screen resolution. Somebody who watch your show in a 1024 x 768 resolution will see something totaly different than somebody in 1600 x 1200. I think it's quite dangerous.
  20. Célou, I think you will be interested by this post and by this one (Igor's answer).
  21. Hi Célou, No matter it's in french or in english , could you please send them to me ? (thefreedom@[no_spam]free.fr) (remove [no_spam] of course). Thanks.
  22. Put "Curl Pages" effect in your slideshow ! [click on the picture to download the demo ] With those masks, no need to modify your pictures in a photo editor and to save them as .png files. The exe stays small (2,08 MB for a two minutes show including music) and the effect is really easy to do in PTE. You just have to move the mask on the corner of your picture you want. And if you wish, you can add some animation effects of course (over-done in the demo but it's only a demo). The "Curl Page" masks used in this demo were realized following the instructions of the Panosfx's "Curl Page" tutorial. Thanks to him ! Those masks are included in the "White Frame Masks - V2" pack : [0,41 MB] And now, the pack contains each "white frame" masks in two size : - Large : width 1024 pixels - Small : width 500 pixels I added a "bonus" at the end of this demo using small "White Frame" Masks.
  23. Ron, I noticed the "Tutorials section" is the most visited section on my site. People download those files even if there is no direct link to the tutorials. I'm sure you gonna have an audience for your tutorials, even if they don't know it themselves. I guess people don't answer anymore because three people already answered that they are interested (Ken, Barbara and bharkins ) and they presume you will do it. And if you do it, i'm gonna make a template for this effect. Deal ?
  24. Ron, Trust me, it's very well explained in bjc's tutorial (step03). Once you have watched this tutorial, I think everything will be much clearer about Parent-Child and every aspects of animation.
  25. Hi Cor, Thank you very much for your excellent suggestions. The problem is that I'm not so confortable writing in english and I would need help to write an explanatory text and to find short titles. Anybody ? I still don't know if I will release the templates as individual files or to put all the templates I will make in the future in the same file... What do you think ?
×
×
  • Create New...