-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
Oops, thanks Fred for pointing this out. I have modified the link in my post above. Thanks again.
-
Yes, Dominique. You can read the whole story about my nickname here. The demo would need a little more work to perfectly fit the pictures to each other... but the idea is here. No tutorial planed but you can download the full PTE project on my site : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share. Or direct link to the file : here
-
John, How big is your demo ? If it's less than 2 Mb, you can upload it on my site : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share (you need to register first for being allowed to upload ). If you file is bigger than 2 Mb (but less than 10 Mb), you can send it to me and I will upload it on my site for you if you want. If you're interested, send me an email and I will give you my email address. Speaking of my site, the process is very long to upload files on it (especially to find links and explanations to each project). I already posted some files but I still have to upload more than 30 projects and demos. Btw, there are two very interesting demos I couldn't find : - the flipping coin - the roadmap by Alrobin (i'm not sure?). (I already find the Lin Evan's one). If you guys could help me to find the threads, I would really appreciate. Thanks !
-
So cruel ! I keep asking myself for two days what it could be...
-
Nice. I think you had the same problem as I had to smooth out the transitions between slides and to make pictures perfectly fit. I tried a GoogleEarth zoom two months ago with pictures extracted from GoogleEarth. You can see the demo here
-
I'm quite sure you will be interested in reading this thread called "How do I email a pics to exe show?"
-
John, I can't wait to see your show !
-
Hi joetexan, Your files sizes are perfectly right, pte files are tiny. That's the exe file which contains all your images, that's why it's big. If you want to reduce your EXE file, you can reduce the size of your images but if you reduce them too much, you gonna have a loss of quality of course. If you don't zoom on a picture, a 1024x768 size is enough. If you have an adsl connection, you can upload your file on beechbrook : http://www.beechbrook.com/upload/ and then send an email to people with the link to your show.
-
Hi Royo, Sorry, I'm completely reorganising my files and all links for my demos are no longer avalaible. My files were until now hosted on my private site. But my new site will be dedicated to PTE and quite soon all my files will be downloadable again. You already can find my "countdown demo" here You will find a lot of ressources, demos, tutorials, full projects, etc... on http://thefreedom.free.fr/share I would like to make a big sharing centre for PTE. Btw, I already put some files of members posted here , please fill free to tell me if you don't want them on my site. I will remove them instantly. Even guests can rate the files and leave comments (for instance ) Registered users can upload their own files on my site. Please note that my server is limited on 2 MB files for upload (not because of me but because of my provider ) but if you can host your file somewhere else, you can give the url to the download. I would be interested if you could give me feedback on this project and if you can help me to make this site alive, thank you to all of you.
-
I think it's here : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87 And the direct link : http://beechbrook.com/upload/
-
Robert & Al, I'm really flattered by your compliments. Thanks. Robert, I'm not in AV at all, I'm an IT engineer for a french bank. So, no link at all. I was not especially in slideshows. I just made two slideshows of my last trip before, three years ago with PTE (La Réunion) and last year with an other competing product (Sri Lanka). I came back on this forum by chance just to see how PTE had evolved (I need to make a slideshow of my trip in Libya) and discovered the potential of the v5. Since, I'm addicted !
-
But there are two other beta to come to keep us busy before the final release...
-
Three month maximum...
-
John, If you want to share photos and don't want (or have time) to make developpment, you can install Coppermine Photo Gallery (http://coppermine-gallery.net/index.php"]http://coppermine-gallery.net/index.php). It's a multi-purpose fully-featured and integrated web picture gallery script written in PHP. It's very easy to install and very convenient to administrate. You can see the demo here About providers, I think I'm very lucky because I pay only 30 euros per month for : - internet access - unlimited telephone - television - 10Gb of storage space.
-
Hi everybody, I made a new intro, a classical countdown, that you can use for your own slideshow : http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=112 This is only version 1 beta #1 , I have several ideas to add to this countdown : - add a classical film projector with its rolling tapes - add a screen - add an "animated" ray of light And all the ideas you can think of... Thank you for your suggestions. PS : I already have 2 new ideas for other intros. I only need time... By the way Igor, I always have this annoying display bug I already mentionned here (thin white edges). Did you have time to think on how to resolve it ?
-
Jeannight, I will think about it and will try to give you ideas next week... But I'm afraid the main job will be to find several pictures of the same fire.
-
Just a quick message because i'm not home (long week-end of 4 days in the south of France). I will redo this intro because i'm not completely satisfied with it yet. But I think I will do it once a better picture is avalaible (and gonna make an outtro too ). Speaking about it, John has a nice video of an opera and would like to know how to extract a picture of it (here). Anybody to help him ? There is an opera in Paris called "Palais Garnier" (virtual visit here) But honestly, I really don't know when I'm gonna have time to go take a nice shot of this beautiful building (I had the opportunity to saw a spectacle in it and it's really very impressive) So I can not promiss to do it and when (I'll be in vaccation for 3 weeks at the end of July). To answer Ron West's question, isn't the answer to give the ability in PTE to open several projects at the same time and to copy/paste some part of a project to an another ?
-
It's a very good emulation to share ideas on the same project. I find it very stimulating. Here is my little contribution of improvement on this "slideshow"... I added spotlights at the beginning, tom's ideas, some changes with the curtains and a zoom on the screen to continue the show with fullscreen images. (includes the exe and the full project - 5,12 Mo). (click on the image to directly access the download page)
-
Martin, It's quite strange, it means that PTE didn't find the background music. You can resolve this in two steps : - remove the music : project > project options > "music" tab > select the mp3 file > click on "remove" button > click on "ok". Then try to preview the slideshow. The slideshow should run without any music. - add the music with the correct link : project > project options > "music" tab > click on "add" button > find the "soundtrack mask.mp3" file (should be in the folder where you unzipped the project) and double click on it > click on "ok". Then try to preview the slideshow. The slideshow should run with the music this time. Hope it will work...
-
John, the file you are refering to in your mesage is the exe and is not zipped : http://thefreedom.free.fr/PTE/PTEMasks.exe Here is the link to download the PTE project : http://thefreedom.free.fr/PTE/PTEMasks.zip If you have problem when opening this .zip file, I really don't know why. Sorry. Did you try to download and to open the "light" PTE project ? http://thefreedom.free.fr/PTE/PTEMasks2.zip
-
Royo, Actually, you can find tutorials about PTEv5 here And/or you can download the full project (reduced to only 1,16 Mo. At 3 Ko/s, should take about 6min 30sec to download it) :
-
Hi Royo, No, sorry, no tutorial but if you really are interested in this demo, I can reduce size of images to the maximum possible and remove the music. What is the biggest size file you can download without beeing too painfull for you ?
-
Hi JudyKay, I think this question is similar to the one of elIvarz (here). And Igor's answer was : I'm really interested in this feature too ! We just have to wait...
-
Thanks for your comments. No problem Michel, here is the full project :
-
An other little demo to show how "masks and layers" can be used with PTE v5 (10,5 Mo). Honestly, nothing revolutionary, but simple things just to give ideas. As usual, if you have other ideas or possible improvements, you are more than welcome to tell...