Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

thedom

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,323
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by thedom

  1. Actually, the "EXE file only" of the demo is not included in the zip file mentionned in my previous post. The zip only contains the masks and the full PTE Project. The demo can be dowloaded separetely here : (4,01 Mb).
  2. After several demos demonstrating the huge potential of PTE, I thought it was time to present something more concrete and usefull for all of us. White Frame your pictures ! (Usefull masks to include in your PTE presentation). It's a pack of masks which can be used to whiteframe your pictures and add a shadow, and this, directly in PTE: - white frame (no shadow) - white frame with shadow - "3D" white frame (concave) with shadow - "3D" frame only (no shadow) - shadow only - "3D" shadow only Those masks can be very easily used in your own presentation and give a nice impact (as usual, do not over-use !) Of course, it is possible to make the white frames in a photo editor like Photoshop for each single photo but : - it's really time consuming - the files are huge because of the .png format The idea is that the frame and the picture to be framed stays actually two different objects. What is the benefit ? With those masks, you divide the weight of the final exe by ten, you don't have to alter your pictures (they stay in the .jpg format) and a lot of nice effects can be done. If you want to easily apply PZR, to include a picture with a white frame in your PTE show, the picture and the white frame are sub-objects of a PTE frame (rectangle with opacity = 0) and you apply PZR only to the PTE Frame : PTE Frame !- White Frame !_ Your Picture I made an archive (.zip) which includes : - the masks (white frames - .png format) in a dedicated folder - a demo (.exe file) of what can be done with those masks - the full PTE project of the demo I think you will have a big benefit using those masks even if you don't want to make complex effects. By example, if you want to make a still effect like the one on the thumbnail, it will be done very easily and very quickly. Of course, the demo I made contains some complex effects for advanced users but it is only to show what can be done. (3,89 Mb - The demo is 2 minutes and 30 seconds long with music). This file is in the "Usefull Files" section on TheDom Sharing Place. I would appreciate your feedback. Anyway, I hope you will like it.
  3. Peter, Did you read the two posts just above yours ?
  4. Very interesting Jean-Pierre ! And I can know understand how you can make some work much quicker. Is a full tutorial in french about your method avalaible somewhere ? Btw, what do you mean with Where exactly do you paste the column ? Thank you in advance for your help.
  5. Finally, even if to register is quick and easy (20 sec maximum), I removed the fact that you have to register first to download some of the files. Those who want to register still can. This way, I will have the ability to send them news and links to new interesting files.
  6. No, I don't have time to loose with useless activities like the ones you mentionned ! Seriously, the "full PTE project" of this demo is now avalaible on my site : For this PTE project, instead of having thousands of slides, I put 15 pictures by slide and those 15 pictures are sub-objects of a frame to which I apply pan & zoom.
  7. A 3D animated demo of the partial solar system ! (click on the picture to download the file - 9,08 Mb). This demo is a mix of two very interesting ideas : Lin Evans Solar System demo) and JPD ellipse demo. So, thanks to them. Of course, I added some tricks to make a nice 3D effects. It took a big amount of work, but even myself, I'm quite amaze with the result ! Go have a look, I don't think you gonna be disappointed. The demo is 2 minutes and 15 seconds long. The full PTE project is avalaible too on my site (link in the description of the demo). I Think I'm gonna use the second animation for my slideshow about my trip in Libya because I saw a total solar eclipse there. Please, don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this demo. Anyway, thanks again to JPD and Lin Evans.
  8. Very impressive. I was planning to make a 100 piece mosaic but I'm enough convinced with you demo. What amount of work ! very nice anyway. Hahaha, I know who you're refering to. It's a kind of french guru of <beeeep> software.
  9. Jean-Pierre, Your show is absolutely remarkable ! You really are really talented with demo/tutorial. The way you put it is excellent and people just need to think to make the same effects. Do you give me the permission to host it on my site (the show and the tutorial) ? Thank you for your answer.
  10. Very clear explanations, Drury you should have no more problem to succeed. An other (faster?) way to do is to right-click in the objects window (bottom right) anywhere you want except on the objects already added. Drury, If you want to learn quickly how to use v5, Lin and Jevans both wrote an excellent tutorial. You can find them here (or link in my signature : click on v5).
  11. Blimey Al! What does all this mean? Ronnie, I'm not sure but think it means that if you apply a zoom 125% on a picture B, to maintain the same image quality as an image A displayed 100%, the size of image B as to be 125% of image A. Ex : image A = 1024 - 768 => image B = 1024 x 125 % - 768 x 125% => image B = 1280 x 960.
  12. Lin, it's much better on my pc now. Btw, don't know if you used it, but if you don't want to have too much big files, the software gives you the ability to only generate the reflection effects. You just have to put your still image above and the animation effects pictures under. For my demo, I used 10 images per second and the result is quite good already.
  13. Lin, When I try to watch your demo, the reflection effect is erratic during 2 seconds and after the show freezes...
  14. Al, thank you for pointing this out. I modified my initial post to make some promo for those great free little softwares.
  15. Ken, Thank you for your interest, the full PTE project is now avalaible on my site (I modified my initial post above). Btw, click on the link "Register" (top left of the page on TheDom Sharing Place) to become a member. When becoming a member of my site, you will be informed first of new and exclusive files avalaible.
  16. No Al, it's a picture by picture animation unfortunately. As far as I know, there is no slideshow software which supports animated gif files yet...
  17. After Lin Evan's puzzle demo, here is an other torture test for PTE. But I think it's not only a demo, this kind of effect can be included in your slideshow as well. The job with the pictures was very quickly done with "B & Big picture" photoshop action. Here is the EXE file : (EXE file - 2,21 Mo including music) Here is the full PTE project : (zip file - 1,87 Mo)
  18. Yes, Lin, it is exactly the same idea. I found interesting to mix this effect of water with a picture of the desert. Btw, I modified my demo a little bit : added texts (title and thank you), personnal transition effects so that the animation don't freeze at he beginning and at the end and a light pan from left to right. The music at the end of the demo seems to start again and I unchecked "Repeat music after playing". Does anybody know why ?
  19. An effect of reflection demo made with the software "Reflet " (http://www.photofiltre.com/). (EXE file - 1,83 Mo including music) Here is a sample of what this software can do : I included this animation in PTE and added some smooth Pan & Zoom... Thank you and congratulations to the author !
  20. thedom

    Grid

    Alrobin already shared his grids. Here are mine. Mine have a scale in % with 0 in the middle of the grid. The format is 1024x768 (4:3 ratio) - The zip is 62 Ko. Hope it can be usefull to precisely adjust your objects... (click on the picture above to download the file)
  21. As written by Igor, New Navigation bar will appear soon in beta #7 or so. Even if it's not displayed yet, you already can choose it in PTE and play with the options ("Project Options", "Advanced" tab, click on "customize Navigation Bar"). Here is my first attempt to make my own. As the "Sky Style" NavBar, you can modify the hue and the scale. When you put your mouse over a button, the color of the pictogram changes and become white. I'm not very talented with graphic aspects but I just wanted to try and maybe to give you the taste to do the same... The zip (77 Ko) contains the explanation on how to install the navigation bar (take 5 sec). (Click on the image above to download the file)
  22. In the same spirit as my "moving cloudy sky", here is a tiny demo of the sun liying down. It's a very short extract (3 slides) of my upcoming slideshow "Libya - day 03"...
  23. Al, I checked my inbox and found your mail. But because you send this email from Wnsoft, it is the same sender (Wnsoft Forums) and it was lost in the middle of my "Topic Subscription Reply Notification". Anyway, I changed the terms and conditions of my site. So there is no reason any more for you to don't suscribe.
  24. Al, I probably missed your mail (had more than 300 mails when I came back from vaccation, most of them spam and advertisements ). Anyway, when thinking about it, I think you're right on both points. That's why I will modify the terms and conditions of my site and from now on always ask permission before hosting. Thank you for pointing this out and for giving me the opportunity to think about it.
  25. Hi Techman1, Thanks for the info, I think you're right. I have been waiting for the Nav bar for a long time (http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4488) because I think the standard/previous one could be improved. And we are really thrilled with this upcoming feature ! But I hope we didn't ruin the surprise I gor may be wanted to make... I didn't think about it before you made the suggestion but I would be honored to host the newly created navigation bars on my site.
×
×
  • Create New...