-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
It gives you the ability to choose which image will be displayed in the slide list (in the main window) because PTE doesn't have (yet ? ) the ability to show each object of a slide in this view. Would be a nice improvement if it could though. May be in v12...
-
Can't wait to see both shows ! I was a Proshow (Producer) fan before v5 but now, it's the opposite.
-
Because you can not make a direct CUT & PASTE. You can "only" make a COPY & PASTE. So, if you don't want the two original separate objects anymore, you have to delete them. Does it make more sense ? What do you mean with "no hitpoints or actions selected" ? May be it's very clear for an english mother tongue but don't forget that I'm a french frogg...
-
To do it, add a frame, copy the two separate objects, select the frame and paste the objects. Then delete the two separate objects. That's it, it's done !
-
Igor, thank you for your answer. Will "centre" and "opacity" be avalaible too ? (i know, i'm a P.I.T.A . Don't know if it's a bug but I noticed you can deform the proportion of an object by clicking on the little square between the x and y zoom scale but you can't do it with the mouse. It will keep the aspect ratio. Would be interesting to do it with the mouse (if the little square is pressed on before, of course). Will it be avalaible in a next version ? Thanks.
-
3h17 to download the file... Maybe you should consider to upload your files somewhere else if you can ? Very nice little show, original and funny.
-
Thanks Al. All right, I understand : "Centre" gives you the ability to move something like an anchor. It's really a very powerfull function ! Exactly what I thought was missing. So many things are included in v5 and done in such a smart way. No competitor really and I mean it.
-
Yes, why not, but - if it is possible - the cursor should go from "Blur" to "Sharp". And I think the adjustements features like "brightness", "contrast", "colorize", "white and black point adjustements" and "hue" would be as usefull (or even more ).
-
By the way, what is the function of "center" (between "rotate" and "opacity" in the "objects and animation" window) ?? I really have no idea... A tip I discovered today : you can quickly reset to value default the PZR, center and Opacity by clicking on "Pan"/"Zoom"/"Rotate"/"Center"/"Opacity" fields...
-
What about the "Add text" function ? Will it have all animation features (PZR and Opacity) in final v5 ? From my point of view, it would be really "time saving" to be able to add simple text and to animate it directly in PTE...
-
1 - With what i already experimented, I saw no difference except that the "add frame" is empty and you don't have to put opacity to 0. With "add rectangle", you have a background color (solid or gradient). But I guess you already knew that. 2 - ">" = "redo" (only avalaible if you made a "undo" before"). Maybe in the final release this button should be active only if you click on undo before... I think it might be useful to have a "balloon help" (not sure of the translation ) on each button ? Maybe in a future release...
-
Just click on the "Undo" button on top of the "Objects and Annimation" view.
-
Thanks Granot. The possibilities of this v5 are so huge ! You can do so many things if you're a little bit creative.
-
Thanks Al ! I improved the show a little bit, especially the direction of the plane. Link modified in my original post.
-
The idea is this : Any idea of what it is exactly ? Go have a look and see it in action : (zip file including the SHOW itself and the PTE Project with all files - 2 Mo) It can still be improved but I think the idea is here... So, what do you think ?
-
Fist off all, thanks Igor and Ken for you answers (even if it's not exactly what I was waiting for . Don't know if it's because of my video card (NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE), but i think I found two display bugs. In "Project options", I set : - screen custom ratio = 1,77 - gradient filling (pink to green) Here are the display bugs : PTE Bugs #1 and #2 The display bug #1 only appears when the candy "enter" the screen. The display bug #2 is here all the time. The bug #3 (something i made wrong ?) is that the candy doesn't disappear from the screen when I preview my show in the main window but it does if I play it in the Objects and Animation window (!?!?). PTE Bug #3. Here is my show (including the .EXE and the PTE project with images) - 509 KO : So, what do you think ? Thanks.
-
Questions for the developement team : Sorry to ask but what do you plan to put in the final release of v5.0 (which is not in the v5.0 beta #2) ? All features included in the previous version (v4.48) or less ? or more !? Do you have a "ToDo" list or do you modify it depending on beta testers suggestions ? And I suppose the answer for "when will it be avalaible ?" is "when it's finished !" Thank you for your answer guys and thanks again for this v5 (still can't believe how powerfull the "objects and animation" is !)
-
On Drag and drop: If all the files were in a single folder, drag and drop can work, but for someone like myself who has thousands of images (actually hundreds of thousands) it works better the way it's presently implemented. When I work with ProShow Gold I have thumbnails and "drag and drop" (not for layers) and the time and resources it takes to generate thumbnails in each folder I gather images from is very troublesome. I suppose it all depends on your workflow model. I don't work this way (put images in the same folder) but I respect your workflow model. The thing i dream of is to have both possibilities to add objects... On Add Text: I'm not sure what the "Add Frame" is about yet. It appears to create nested rectangles when you click on it. The "add rectangle" is used to "group" objects so they share the same attributes. I'm unclear yet what the "add frame" does but perhaps with a little experimentation we can figure it out. I will check tonight but I think "add rectangle" does what is says : add a plain rectangle. And "add frame" is used to "group objects". Tell me if you figure out more before I do...
-
Thanks !!! Nice atmospheric show... Not very smooth on my computer at work but it's an old one (sorry, no idea of what is inside). I still can't believe it. It gives more possibility than a "professionnal" software like Proshow Producer !
-
I use(d) Proshow Producer (before PTE v5). Here is the list of his great features that PTE doesn't have (yet ?) : - photo editor to enhance and modify your pictures directly inside PTE - ability to insert video file - total control on sounds : start, end, fade in, fade out, offset - captions with nice animated effect - Ken Burns options : smooth, linear, accelerating, decelerrating. - more ergonomic than PTE (drag and drop, tabs on a single window, timeline...) If you want to quickly produce a simple show, it's nice. Here are the list of great features that Proshow Producer doesn't have : - keypoints - ability to modify opacity within the same slide - ability to group objects AND : - PTE has a much nicer output rendering ! - PTE has much smoother transitions ! - PTE is stable and doesn't freeze ! - PTE is not buggy ! - PTE is less expensive ! If you really want to make a nice, complex, great quality show and have time to do it, PTE is the ONE. I'm still not sure but I think I won't use Proshow Producer anymore after the final release of PTE v5....
-
First of all, thank you very much for your very detailed answer. My responses are in bold. 1. No, there is no way to "drag and drop" a new layer, but it's even easier. Just click on the layer you wish to insert under (click on the "image" in the list on your right in the Objects and Animation View" - then right click your mouse then choose "add" from the drop down menu, then from the associated window choose "image." Negotiate the folder structure to your file and double click your file Depending on which image (the main or anchor image is at the top of the list) you highlight, that's where the new image will end up. I knew but I think it's a little bit painfull. Lot of clic and time consuming. The main problem with this solution is that you can't have the thumbnail view by default (if you have a solution to set it by default, I'm ready to pay you a lot ! ) The drag and drop solution would be quicker, don't you think ? 2. No, but what you do is either right click on the selected object (image) within the green rectangle where you see the image itself or better right click on the word "image" at the level it is presently then choose "order" and you can bring the object to the front, back or up and down a level at a time with a click of the mouse. Yes, it's the only solution but again painfull (i know I'm a pain too ! Once again, don't you think the drag and drop solution would be quicker ? 3. I'm not completely clear on your question, but if you mean can you "walk through" the movements from the Objects and Animation window, the answer is yes. You use the little blue arrow on the time line and slide it forward or backward and you can see all the actual actions as it advances or regresses along the time line. Yes, i meant "walk through" but in the main window. Would be great if you could have the same little blue arrow in the slide list to have a manuel preview of several slides. But it seems it's not implemented (yet ? 4. Yes you can change from one slide to the next forward or back by clicking on the little forward and back arrows up on the very top right of your screen just under the white "X" in the little red box. Great !!! I was so excited I didn't see it. 5. These are for features not yet implemented in the beta version. Do you know if it's to have more control on effets (linear/acceletaring/decceleating/smooth option). If it's the case, it would be awesome ! 6. Yes but you need to make the blank (black, white, green, whatever) slide in your graphics or photo software then save them to a folder which you can access. Once you have a "collection" of these you can choose them like any other image. There is no automated way to "create" the image via the software. Perhaps in a later version or the release. It would be a nice feature but not essential. 7. Rename an object in the timeline.... yes, click on the one you wish to rename the click the "Properties" tab and you will see "image" or "image1" - rename as you see fit. Didn't see it. Thanks. 8. I don't believe there is any way to see the transition effect without using the preview, but you can "preview" from any position by clicking the icon located between the "Preview" and "Project Options" tabs. Or with right-clic on a selected slide. It would be great if you could watch the preview in the picture slide (from my point of view, you don't need full screen all the time). 9. You can display the display time and transition effect (only two transition effects "fade in fade out and circle" are presently implemented in the beta" by clicking on the "Slide" then using the "Main" tab to see or change the time and the "Effect" tab to see or change the transition and timing of the transition. Too bad you can't change those parameters directly in the slide list. 10. From the "Screen" tab in the "Project Options" screen you have a choice of five different aspect rations or you can set custom. Just great !!! 11. The output resolution is determined by the actual resolution of the images you use for the slideshow in terms of an executable file. For the not yet implemented AVI creation you will have choices. Any idea when the avi creation will be implemented ? 12. You have captions now, but to use fancy text you need to create your text in a graphics editor which allows transparent background GIF or preferably PNG format. If you have no software to do this, I would recommend PiXBuilder (right here at Wnsoft). If you already have PhotoShop it's VERY easy to do. If you don't know how to do this let us know and we will direct you to instructions. It takes only seconds and you can have some seriously powerful text effects. May be I'm wrong but the add Text feature is not implemented yet. Neither "add hyperlink", neither "add button"? Btw, do you know what is the purpose of "add frame" (no effect for instance) ??? Thanks again for your answers !
-
It seems you removed the file (error 404). Could you please repost it ?
-
I'm so stupid ! I tried to open the project with v4.48... Thanks for your answer and congratrulations for this really great demo !!!