Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

trailertrash

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    749
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by trailertrash

  1. Just to add another tangent to this. I was discussing this topic with a camera club friend and he said that the reason he doesnt comment on forum posts of pictures is that someone further down will likely rubbish his comments. Now I've seen posts on many a forum where the poster used 500 words where 50 would have done. They're simply trying to baffle everyone or bore us to death, and give an inflated impression of their knowledge. Are we to take comments like poster 1:I like the sunset in this shot or I like the animation in this sequence poster 2: [further down] The sunset is rubbish or it would have been better without the animation. Thats what puts people off engaging in the forums principal objective....discussion. Forum members must realise we all have an opinion whether we agree with it or not. To quote a great American Civil War Commander " We all have value ". Please remember that without discussion forums die. I dont put my work up here for marks out of ten.I put it up for ...yes discussion, debate and to learn. Tell me where you think it could be improved and once I have all the opinions ...I'll decide where to go with it.
  2. Great work Ron with Barry's template. I have that one myself and its a cracker. NB To those interested in acquiring the template visit http://www.beckhamdigital.co.uk where it can be purchased for a very modest price. Even if you dont use it as Ron has, its a very good instruction tool, just rumaging around in it. Highly recommended.
  3. But Peter, Ron posted a show in the show forum,and has a barrow load of replies already!!!!
  4. Well, this is an interesting topic. As the low guy on the food chain here, I do have some thoughts on this. Judges! Take what you want from their comments and disregard the rest. I've sat in our club and laughed at some of the comments eminating from the great and good. However in this forum I find the advice and critique given invaluable. I cite my own Auschwitz show which the forum members spent some considerable time helping me get the best I could out of. As for comments. Well I find it disappointing when I see a show with 200 views and 3 comments and they only say nice work or well done. Have the viewers really nothing to say, good or critical? I welcome critique be it good or scathing. It makes me work harder, use my imagination more and most importantly it helps me learn. The OP said In most cases, there isn't much positive to say thats pretty damning of the standard of shows here isnt it? If that is indeed the case, we have a catch22 situation. No-one will comment on the shows cause mostly they're rubbish, but we cant learn how to improve cause no-one tells us whats wrong!!! result...you may as well shut this forum now, since it apparently serves no usefull purpose. Which would then leave people like me with no possibility of improving since there is nowhere else to seek advice. Consequence... we all end up using Proshow!!!!!!
  5. Nice one. I'm sure she'll love it. Andrew
  6. Nice work Paul. Great quality images. Poor old harbour master, he's got the smallest boat in the place.... Andrew
  7. Love it. That'll find its way into my favourite folder.
  8. Lookin good George. Many thanks for sharing. Andrew
  9. Superb Ralph. Love the soundtrack to match the shows. Havent been to London for many years. Glad to see live theatre is alive and well still. Andrew
  10. Hi Paul, I like this a lot. Anything remotely connected with the Military [all arms] gets my attention. Andrew
  11. Love it Ralph. Great atmosphere and the race girls are....well. Very well put together. [The show and the girls ] Andrew
  12. What a great way to spend a few hours Mick. Excellent images and well produced.
  13. Very colourful and imaginative Brian. You say comments welcome, so for what its worth, I think [and this is only my own opinion], there is to much in there. The animation is very well done, but maybe a tad to busy with all the various elements. Less may well be more in this case. Andrew
  14. Thanks Rick. This forum and the help I get certainly makes all the difference. Andrew
  15. Hi Malcolm, I loved the book template when I saw it. Just right for this. Andrew
  16. Hi Ken, Glad you enjoyed it. I'll fix the spelling error. I can never remember that one with the before C or after C thingy. Aw well. Andrew
  17. Thank you Mick. I'm glad you enjoyed it. A bit of nostalgia there. Andrew
  18. Thanks Maureen. Yes I will offer it to them after Ive passed it round the old comrades. Andrew
  19. Thanks for the kind encouragement LumenLux. The template was provided at a very reasonable price from Beckham digital. I made a change or two here and there,and its available for download from barry's web site. Its very much aimed at military/ex military viewers, so I do hope anyone who sees it, enjoys it. Regards Andrew
  20. Royal Scots Dragoon Guards is now hosted on Beechbrook. My thanks to Bill for providing a means to display our work. 24.6 meg 50 pages [Please use the arrow keys to turn the pages Military content with some graphic images. Download at your own discression. Andrew http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=1865
  21. Lin, I am so sorry for your loss. I cant imagine what your feeling, but please know if there is any way I can help in whatever manner, just shout. Sleep in peace Sherry. Andrew and family.
  22. That is stunning Malcolm. Just love those types of photographs. The detail is amazing. This one finds its way into my favourit shows folder. Andrew
  23. Brian, Please dont be downhearted about your presentation. I would if I may offer a few words of advice, having done a few ' controversial ' shows along the way. Its a good show, but some may view the Orange day parades as religous or even political. Something frowned on in most forums. Your use of P2E's various features was very very good, and if you want it to be viewed by a wide audience, you may wish to put a warning on the opening page, or indeed your text when offering it for download. That way the viewer is aware of what it is and has the opportunity to download or not/view or not. I have a whole heap of pics of the murals I took when stationed there and was considering doing something with them, but caution got the better of me... Andrew
  24. Well photographed and created. Very inventive. However...dont be surprised if the mod's cast an eye over it when they get up.
  25. Nice one Colin. However it doesnt need to be December to have winter here....
×
×
  • Create New...