WnSoft Forums

PTE in UK Magazine

Just to inform all interested people that PTE is feattured in the September issue of Digital Photo.

The magazine is called Digital Photo and it is the premier UK digital Imaging magazine and is the sister magazine to Practical Photography that has been out for years. Digital Photo started off at Digital PhotoFX about 6 years ago and I am told by the Editor it has the largest readership of the digital magazines in the UK.

I have written tutorials for this magazine since its launch and the September 2003 issue carries the PTE slide show put together by myself on the Yosemite national Park in the USA.

I think the magazine also carries both a written and a movie tutorial of the whole process, but as yet I have not seen this issue magazine yet.

I am aware from emails received that the early copies have already been sent out to subscribers of the magazine, but it wasn’t on sale in the book stores this lunchtime when I checked. I expect it to be in the UK shops within a day or so.

I am also aware that at least one reader has bought PTE because he emailed me for some help. I suspect there will be many more.

bbdigital

:D

Barry,

I hope you are kept busy! :)

By the way, I couldn't find a web page for Digital Photo - do you know if they have one and what it might be? Keep up the good work.

Dear Barry!

(I just sent you email!)

We are very grateful to you for your publication about PicturesToExe in the UK Digital Photo Magazine! I was very pleasantly wondered when our sales became vastly increased a week ago. And all this time we have a lot of new customers from the United Kingdom. We never seen such

effect after any publication! I can remember only similar lesser case, - small publication in a newspaper also in the Great Britain, and also on August, but in 2000.

p.s. Happy Birthday!

I noticed announcement on the start page of the forum! :)

With kindest regards,

Just to say, that I am very impressed with the Pictures to Exe programme, which, after trying out on the demo version, I decided to buy. Right now, I'm a novice, so would appreciate any guidance. I would also like to add, that the Digital Photo Magazine, which I have taken regularly for the past few months is an excellent publication. Those of you outside of the UK, should take a serious look - Highly Recommended

MikeyUK

Glad you like Digital Photo and it does pack in quite a bit each month. I made a point of looking out for photo and digital magazines while in the States back in March and did the same in Australia a year or so back.

I have to say that the magazines outside the UK are not a patch on those we have grown up with. The quality of the paper is thin, which takes its toll on the quality of some of the images and the layout is just not attractive.

I think readers in the USA and Australia would enjoy the UK magazines. I know of some aquaintances from the states who do have an overseas susbription to Digital Photo because they feel it is better.

There is plenty of advice in this forum on PTE Mikey and Tutorial CD's if you need them on my web site.

www.bbdigital.co.uk

bbdigital :)

by the time they get to Canada they are $ 25 canadian$'s + taxes

you must think we in the colonies live in the dark ages --- i guess you would get that opinion when you sucked us into buying those wore out submarines that we have spent mega bucks fillin the cracks - -maybe we should use old magazines from the UK to fill the cracks eh! :D

I have to say that the magazines outside the UK are not a patch on those we have grown up with.

At least most of them have web sites! B)

I find it hard to understand why, in this digital age, a digital photo magazine, especially one so highly-rated as Digital Photo, doesn't have it's own site! :rolleyes:

Vivid light magazine is very good, I liked the macro article using the Canon 65mm lens a lot.

There is another photo magazine on line called www.ephotozine.com

The Editor is the former Edito of Digital Photo when it was called Digital PhotoFX.

It always baffles me how they can produce all this work and support it from advertising revenue. Then again the money these internet sites pay for their articles, (in my experience very little), so perhaps thats how.

Never the less the quality of the articles are great.

bbdigital

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, you are correct. I played the tutorial, and thought it was great. I then started collecting together about 30 pictures, and following the tutorial to the letter, converted them into what I thought was going to be a PS7 slide show.

I then got a shock, as I found out that I needed an additional program called P2E.

A search of the web, and a quick download later I had my evaluation copy. Only to find that there was a limit of 10 pictures per slide show. So I purchased a copy, and by bed time last night my wife was watching the first show.

I think the program is great, and much easer than trying to do it with slides, and 2 projectors.

Pageplus

Well, Digital AV forms a fair part of the demonstrations I do I camera clubs and they are very popular. I show a few sequences through the evening to just give members a rest from all that Photoshop technical stuff and it appears to work.

I also show how to put together a quick show and always gets lots of questions through an evening.

The days of two projectors for me is long gone.

bbdigital