WnSoft Forums

GREENLAND

GREENLAND. A new slideshow I have just completed of a cruise we did August 2008 up the west coast of Greenland, aiming for the 80th parallel. This is not meant to be an a/v of 'pretty pictures', although there are a few, but I have tried to give a fairly accurate overview of what we saw in a land where living is particularly hard.

We did see 6 polar bears but unfortunately they were way beyond the limitations of my 18-200 lens.

Bye the way, slideshow available at www.beechbrook.com with grateful thanks to Bill.

Maureen

GREENLAND. A new slideshow I have just completed of a cruise we did August 2008 up the west coast of Greenland,

Maureen

Maureen –

We’ve had a long dry spell of new shows on the PTE Forum. So, naturally I was ready for your show. Let me first say that I really enjoyed it. I’m suffering through the sweltering heat of a Kansas summer now, so the Greenland landscape looked quite inviting. It is a world starkly different from the Midwest in America. And the music was spot-on for me. You have beautiful pictures, well seen and captured.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Regards,

Dave

Maureen –

We’ve had a long dry spell of new shows on the PTE Forum. So, naturally I was ready for your show. Let me first say that I really enjoyed it. I’m suffering through the sweltering heat of a Kansas summer now, so the Greenland landscape looked quite inviting. It is a world starkly different from the Midwest in America. And the music was spot-on for me. You have beautiful pictures, well seen and captured.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Regards,

Dave

Thanks, Dave, for that. I did wonder about the music; I tried several pieces but this one seemed to me to be the most suitable.

Must say I don't envy you your current hot weather, it must be absolutely exhausting. Much prefer the cooler climates myself.

Once again, thanks for your comments.

Maureen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Maureen...I actually downloaded your show way back on it's first day. It is just wonderful. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've been out of town and at the doctor's office a lot. The out of town is the good part.

Anyway, the photos are spectacular. Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to more great shows from you.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Maureen

Does exactly what it says on the packet:

This is not meant to be an a/v of 'pretty pictures', although there are a few, but I have tried to give a fairly accurate overview of what we saw in a land where living is particularly hard

I do like this sort of show, as I always say, but again, nice simple, stunning images, great work.

Thanks for sharing it.

Dve

Now that looked to be an interesting holiday, the ice flows have lots of impact and here is a spooky thing. Sitting in my WMP is Conquest of Paradise by Vangellis, I was playing it the same day you posted your slide show.

I have always loved that piece of music, but never had any images to go with it, you got there first.rolleyes.gif

You ought to remind the PTE forum about your Purton Hulks AV. I bet there are a few who would appreciate seeing that

Hi Barry

Agreed,music can add to the impact of an AV show dramatically. The Purton Hulks AV is still here if anyone want to watch it, I did alter the original after some feed back from the forum, folks felt that the border was too distracting, I think they were right.

Regards