WnSoft Forums

[FORUM] NEW FORUM + IPS BOARD

Conflow

Hi Ken,

Download these two screen shots of this entire thread. One made with IE 6 and the other with Mozilla 3.5.2.

Notice at the bottom that the word (Fast Reply) and the black bar it resides in are missing from the IE 6 version. I suspect that's what's happening with yours.

http://www.lin-evans.net/temp/ie6.jpg

http://www.lin-evans...irefox3.5.2.jpg

Open these in Irfanview and expand to full size and scroll to the bottom where I've marked with red arrows, etc.

Lin

Lin yes it is missing on my ie 6

is there on my firefox 3.5.2

i sent answer also from firefox

it may work on ie 7 but no time to start other system

until the chatter on newsgroups quiets down re ie 8 acting up i wont install it

my feelings is i think ie8 works fine on vista systems but not on older setups

will try on safari 4.0.3 [531.9.1

also no fast reply bar

real nice to have the same deck of cards for the playersmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

MY MISTAKE

FAST REPLY IS AVAILABLE ON MY SAFARI

ken

trying Peter's suggestion

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10551&view=findpost&p=68360

from ie 6

post/use full editor

no fast reply bar in sight

it is kilkenny time boys

this one for our noble leader IGOR to sort out

we have enough problems with the program - we dont need forum problemscool.gif

ken

trying Peter's suggestion

http://www.picturest...indpost&p=68360

from ie 6

post/use full editor

no fast reply bar in sight

it is kilkenny time boys

this one for our noble leader IGOR to sort out

we have enough problems with the program - we dont need forum problemscool.gif

ken

some of you HAVE suspected that my mind is fried, well at times i tend to agree especially today

"it may work on ie 7 but no time to start other system" forgot that i had installed ie 8 on my old xp sp3 system,

STARTED IT UP

but with ie 8 finally loaded FAST REPLY IS HERE

KEN

On my system running XP Pro SP3+ at a rez of 1280x960 with IE7 or IE8 I have had no problems at all.

Also the new forum runs just as fast as the old one for me.

My laptop running XP Pro SP3+ at a rez of 1024x768 with IE7 is fine.

With any new/upgraded software the user must be prepared to spend a few minutes/hours familiarising themselves with the changes before condemning the product. rolleyes.gif

I have found all the functionally I had with the old forum and a great deal more in the new forum and are very happy with it. smile.gifsmile.gif

EDIT --- POST made whil Ken was posting his last series of posts.

On my system running XP Pro SP3+ at a rez of 1280x960 with IE7 or IE8 I have had no problems at all.

Also the new forum runs just as fast as the old one for me.

My laptop running XP Pro SP3+ at a rez of 1024x768 with IE7 is fine.

With any new/upgraded software the user must be prepared to spend a few minutes/hours familiarising themselves with the changes before condemning the product. rolleyes.gif

I have found all the functionally I had with the old forum and a great deal more in the new forum and are very happy with it. smile.gifsmile.gif

EDIT --- POST made whil Ken was posting his last series of posts.

John,

With respects to yourself you are one of the few who are having zero problems ~ but other users are having problems !!

Its all very well and fine to suggest...'spend time with New Software'...I agree with you provided its works properly on all

variations of modern PC's. This New Invision Board is 'unstable' under certain conditions which I gave in Post #1.

The 'Hallmark' of all good Software is that it must be backward compatible to older versions, this is not so here.

For example:- How would you like it if Pte.5xxx would not open nor play previous versions of all the 5xxx (Betas)

nor open an older version like 4.49 ??...I doubt if you would be at all happy with that. Thats the situation which now exists.

Furthermore, IPS did not Post any 'Operational Requirements' nor 'Specifications' of their New Invision Board 3.02 consequently

everyone is left ignorant as to what these are and what's needed to get it to work properly.

Apart from those issues there are logistic and ergometric problem's with its operational Controls and Layout ~ not at all friendly !

Brian (Conflow).

Sadly that the updated forum version caused many compatibilities issues.

Regrettably we can't go back, the new and old versions are not compatible. Earlier or later we had to move to the new version to use latest security updates.

I'll forward to Invision (developers of this forum system) all bug-reports regarding v3.0.2

As I know new version works fine with:

- Internet Explorer 7 or 8

- Firefox 2 or 3

- Opera 7 or later.

- Google Chrome

- Safari.

Guest Yachtsman1

Sadly that the updated forum version caused many compatibilities issues.

Regrettably we can't go back, the new and old versions are not compatible. Earlier or later we had to move to the new version to use latest security updates.

I'll forward to Invision (developers of this forum system) all bug-reports regarding v3.0.2

As I know new version works fine with:

- Internet Explorer 7 or 8

- Firefox 2 or 3

- Opera 7 or later.

- Google Chrome

- Safari.

Igor

I assume you want to know which systems the people are running who are experiencing problems. I to have XP SP3, my browser is BTyahoo which is used by most of the BT Broadband users, or an E7/8 Yahoo derivitive. I also use another UK based forum DPforums who like PTE have just changed to an identical system. I am experiencing the same problems on there.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Igor and Forum Members,

Igor, many thanks for your reply, I do appreciate your position concerning New-Security

utilities and the non-compatibility between the "Old" Forum System and the "New" Forum.

Why didn't the IPS people publish a 'Systems-Requirement List' for the New-Forum Format?

Since my last Post I have been in contact with two Microsoft Application Engineers and

I have found out the following,viz:-

** There has been a major overhaul of the IE6-Internet Program (unknown to most users).

** There has been a radical overhaul of the Win.2000 and Win.2000.Pro Operating Systems.

** The Win.98se has been updated as far as it will go and will accept the new IE6 upgrades.

** IE.7 is now the 'de-facto' Internet-Utility for Xp2 and Xp3 Operating Systems.

** IE.8 is more suited for all the upgraded (64bit) Vista Operating Systems.

** The Internet-Explorer-Family has now been extended to IE.11 for other Operating Systems.

A Warning

1)

For those using Win.98se and Win.2000 and 2000.Pro ~take note~ IE.7 will not work on these PCs.

2)

For those using 2000 and 2000.Pro (with the W2K-Upgrade) you can not 'uninstall' IE.6 but there

is a workaround, more later.

The Changes

These changes are 'Global' and are effecting many Browsers & PC Systems in different ways in how

they execute and handle your Search-Window and the Web-Sites served to your individual PC's which

also includes New-Forums such as the "New WnSoft Forum" ~ So don't blame your PC's.

Currently we are in the middle of updating our 2000.Pro PC's and our Xp2 PC's but I will advise

you all, this is not a matter of simply downloading the upgrades and all will be O.K...not so !

There is a simple and reliable method of doing these tasks so please be patient till I get back.

Brian (Conflow).