WnSoft Forums

I hope I am not missing the option to do what I am about to suggest.

In photoshop you can create text, highlight that text and then highlight the font style box at the top of the screen (the Options bar)

Using the cursor control keys (those 4 arrows) you can jump from font to font and see on screen what that font looks like. Its a simple yet very effective way to select a font for a PTE project.

I tried to do the same with PTE and although the font name changes in the small box, the on screen font doesn't. You have select the font look at it, select another and so on, which is a bit tedious.

It would be a great way to be able to quickly scroll down the fonts and select one for the slide show being created

Barry,

I'm with you on this. It would be a really useful additional feature to be able to preview the fonts in the manner that you describe; especially now that the vectored fonts in v6.0 give such precise appearances at all sizes.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

I seem to remember suggesting this about 12 months ago, but it didn't get any enthusiasm. I thought it had been changed in V6, but as I haven't tried V6 yet couldn't check.

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I seem to remember suggesting this about 12 months ago, but it didn't get any enthusiasm. I thought it had been changed in V6, but as I haven't tried V6 yet couldn't check.

Yachtsman1

Just found my post here.

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9287&view=&hl=fonts&fromsearch=1

What goes around comes around.

Yachtsman1

Dave G

I picked up your earlier post in reply to Eric

Eric,

If you type some text into O&A then go to Properties you can outline the text font and use your up and down arrows on't' keyboard to step through the different fonts and see how they look on the screen in real time.

I find that this is a good enough procedure - would you agree?

DaveG

It doesn't seem to work in PTE Bete 20 now

Guest Yachtsman1

Sorry Barry we beg to differ once again. The example I mentioned 12 months ago in Elements 6 is pictured below. Click style and the drop down panel displays the many font styles, couldn't be simpler.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

post-5560-125516651066_thumb.jpg

Eric

That is not what I am talking about at all, what I suggested is something different, so don't fret and you don't have to differ either. biggrin.gif

Dave

Just tried v5.6 and it does still work in that version just as I was suggesting in my post, so perhaps it is something that Igor has to address. I suppose I should have tried v5.6 before I put finger to keyssad.gif

However, I rarely use fonts in PTE preferring the greater styles in Photoshop, so I wasn't as familiar with the PTE text controls. At least we have highlighted the issue.