WnSoft Forums

Making a MAC Executable presentation

Bruss444

Hello dear WnSoft friends, Unfortunately I didn't get my other issue resolved mentioned here on this forum about not being able to make an .avi file on my PC and even after downloading and installing new codecs. Now here is another. I can download the Mac samples from Beckham Digital and they are stunningly sharp on my new MacBook Pro. JUST AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! but again when I make a MAC Executable on my desk PC and then watch it on my MacBook Pro I see a flicker when clicking on the icon and then nothing else as far as the slide show running. What is interesting is that when I view the contents(files icons) of the sample shows which do run from Beckham digital they look the same as the file icons in the folder of the one I made. I am running Version 6 of PicturesToExe and Beta 16. Again your help would be appreciated. I realize this is a beta version but apparently someone at Beckham digital made it work. These problems have been puzzling even though my custom built PC is 3 years old and is still very fast with lots of free hard drive space and 4 gbRAM and besides that other slide show software I have runs fine. Actually the only thing that works for me with PicturesToEXE is making an executable program for my pc and that works great and looks also stunningly sharp on my Apple Monitor connected to my pc. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bill

Hi Bill,

As much as this may seem like a "bad thing" (not being able to create a Mac native output file), it may really be a good thing for solving both your issues. Actually, many of us have made native Mac output slideshows and posted links which have been seen by many MacIntosh users.

The fact that the program works perfectly for nearly everyone means that the issue causing the AVI failure and failure to create the Mac native executable code are quite probably related and somehow are unique to your system. This may help the Wnsoft developer find an answer for you.

I will inform Igor of this and I'm certain that we will find a solution. I'm also reasonably certain that these seemingly unrelated issues are related and probably caused by the same gremlin.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin, I am so thankful for the assistance given on this form and thanks again Lin!!

I was wondering the same. After viewing the Mac samples at Beckham Digital I also wrote to them and they responded back too. They are wondering if it could be my current registration key. They said they had to get another key to build the Mac sample presentations. Any thoughts Lin if another registration key could take care of both problems? I am considering replacing my desktop but am thinking I would like to get another Mac as my desktop but from what I understand a "stand-alone" version won't be available for Mac till 2010 and it isn't known how long after the begining of the next year that could be. Thanks again for all you on going help!

Bill

Hi Bill,

It's difficult to say, but generally if you have the Deluxe version and you don't get a message telling you that you need to upgrade when you use the features of version 6 beta, that's probably not the reason. We do have a number of users who are using their MacIntosh with Bootcamp to run PTE right now, so it's not necessary to really worry about having to wait to buy a Mac. On the other hand, let's give the developer a chance to look at the situation and see if there isn't a solution to make your system work correctly with PTE right now. Igor is very busy right now with upgrading the forum, but he will look at the situation very soon and perhaps we will find a colution.

Best regards,

Lin

Hello Lin, I am so thankful for the assistance given on this form and thanks again Lin!!

I was wondering the same. After viewing the Mac samples at Beckham Digital I also wrote to them and they responded back too. They are wondering if it could be my current registration key. They said they had to get another key to build the Mac sample presentations. Any thoughts Lin if another registration key could take care of both problems? I am considering replacing my desktop but am thinking I would like to get another Mac as my desktop but from what I understand a "stand-alone" version won't be available for Mac till 2010 and it isn't known how long after the begining of the next year that could be. Thanks again for all you on going help!

Bill

Thanks Lin, I really want to use this software and am willing to see if it can be resolved.

Is it true that this was developed in Russia? I had the geat experience of visiting Moscow and Saint Petersberg in 1985.

Wishing you a great weekend. Bill

Bill,

... They are wondering if it could be my current registration key. They said they had to get another key to build the Mac sample presentations. Any thoughts Lin if another registration key could take care of both problems? Bill

I suspect Barry's (Beckham Digital) Videobuilder key had expired. To check your Videobuilder registration ... Click from PTE program top bar menu - Create|DVD Video Disc. When VideoBuilder GUI opens ... Click Help|About to display your registration name and date details.

Even if you did not have a Videobuilder registration or a expired registration ... you can still make a MAC Executable, HD Video for Mac, Burn DVD, and other features of Videobuilder. However, the end product displays Unregistered Version labels.

What is interesting is that when I view the contents(files icons) of the sample shows which do run from Beckham digital they look the same as the file icons in the folder of the one I made.

If you did not add/use a Custom Icon File in your Project Options ... the files may look the same on the MAC. I dont believe Barry used custom icons and instead uses the default generic icons in his samples.

To satisfy my curosity ... did you use the Create Zip option when creating a MAC Executable ?

Using this feature absolutely makes sure you do not leave out any files when transfering the files to other PCs.

Thanks for the response and I verified that my registration is till Sept, 11, 2011. Yes, I did use "create zip" when saving the presentation. Just seems strange that when I make a PC executable presentation it works fine and looks great but using the same presentation but choosing create for MAC it won't work on my new MacBook Pro. I am astounded how beautiful the samples from Beckham Digital look on the MacBook Pro. Wish I could make a small presentation and send it for testing to see why I can't make a MAC presentation and also address my other current problem of not being able to even make an .avi presntation too. Thanks again Bill

Bill,

If it is any consolation (it could be coincidence) I am also unable to play a MAC presentation on my grandson's MAC BOOK PRO.

It is low priority for me and, thinking that it might be something that I have done wrong, I haven't pursued it.

Is it perhaps a common denominator?

DG

Bill,

... Just seems strange that when I make a PC executable presentation it works fine and looks great but using the same presentation but choosing create for MAC it won't work on my new MacBook Pro. I am astounded how beautiful the samples from Beckham Digital look on the MacBook Pro. Wish I could make a small presentation ...

Question:

Is your project slideshow a simple picture slideshow with basic slide trans-effects (No Hardware Acceleration required) or a Complex - O&A slideshow which requires Hardware Acceleration ?

Test:

As a simple test for your MacBook Pro :

Build a simple slideshow with 10 images using basic slide fade-effects and disable the D3D Hardware Acceleration checkbox in the Project Options- Screen tab.

Being that you have been able to play Barry's MAC samples ... tells me that your MAC can play a PTE made MAC Executable. However, I dont know the complexity/hardware used/needed in Barry's samples, nor do I know the complexity/hardware settings you are building your slideshow with. It may be your MacBook Pro doesnot have enough capability to play slideshows demanding hardware rendering.

Hi Bill,

Yes, PTE is the product of Wnsoft, a Russian company headed by Igor Kokarev. I've never had the pleasure of visiting Russia, but would love to visit some day!

A great weekend to you as well!

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin, I really want to use this software and am willing to see if it can be resolved.

Is it true that this was developed in Russia? I had the geat experience of visiting Moscow and Saint Petersberg in 1985.

Wishing you a great weekend. Bill

Bill/Nobeefstu

My shows are not complex at all, you should know me by now, I can only cope with simple stuff rolleyes.gif

I doubt the complexity of a slide show would prevent it playing would it. It might slow it down or not look so good, but it should at least play.

I think the issue is either on the Mac in question and is a setting or something, but Lin may have hit the nail on the head and it is a small bug that needs ironing out perhaps.

My shows are not complex at all, you should know me by now, I can only cope with simple stuff rolleyes.gif

Hi Barry,

I pretty much knew what settings you favor in your shows and I probably should have mentioned them. :D

Bill has not mentioned any of the project details ... and the quickest approach is to start from a clean simple slideshow and then later add music, animation, etc. Since PTE's MAC Executable is new to the scene and not much history data to go by ... I not sure how MACs react to the issues we other PC users normally experience.

Hello Wnsoft friends! Actually earlier I did as you mentioned and made a very simple slide show without music and animations and tried to run it on my new MacBook Pro but I only got a slight flicker and then nothing more, but those from Beckham Digital worked fine.

I just made my first slide show using PicturesToExe today for a firm with music as an executable .exe slide show which we hope can be played with a laptop/HD TV combination. Hopefully next week we will give it a try.

Here is an interesting test I did also today:

First-I have been using Proshow Producer for 4 or 5 years and have made DVDs for customers and am quite familiar with it so I decided to made a sample .exe slide show with both PictureToExe and Proshow Producer using the same photos in both to compare the results. What can I say but PictureToExe is considerablly sharper, in fact stunning. Since I have not been able to make a .avi file yet with PicturesToExe I tired to make one with Proshow and it worked fine. I am still trying to figure why I can't make a .avi file with P2E.

Nope! not going to give up!

Thanks for all your responses!

Bill

Hello Lin and others too.

Just an update that I am now able to make the MAC executables which is great. Actually I have been writing to Aleana at Wnsoft and they have been so good keeping in touch.

Today I made another presentation with the same music and it played beautifully on the new MacBook Pro (model-summer 2009)

So what caused the problem? I don't know. I did the same as before but today when I turned on the MacBook it said there was an update which it did automatically and after that I made the presentation on my pc and sent it wireless to the desktop of the Mac and it played fine. So that is one down and one to go and that is to try and make an .avi file.

Glad to be part of this forum!!

Bill

Bill,

I'm pleased to hear that you are progressing towards a fully working environment. However, so that everyone gets a better understanding of this Mac-related problem, I think it would be very beneficial if you could identify exactly what software was updated automatically. I realise you may not be able to do this (that's the problem with automation - the details are often hidden)

regards,

Peter

Hello Peter and thanks for the interest. My desire is to help others here too.

I have the summer 2009 build MacBook Pro 15 inch 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 - 4 gbs RAM and am currently running the new OS Snow Leopard and version 10.6.1 which is the latest version. Sure wish I could tell you what the automatic update was about today but the version of Snow Leopard is the same as before today and the latest update. The problem is it also updates iLife and all the components there too. I have been using PCS for any years and am just transitioning over to MAC and have much to learn although so far everything seems straight forward but I hope it wasn't user error in my part but I must keep that possibility open too.

For those of you with this same MacBook Pro here is some information I hope can be helpful. I want to connect my MacBook Pro to our HD Sony Bravia TV using the digital output on the MacBook. Here is what I found out. Since Audio doesn't exit by the mini DVI port, which is only video, but by the headphone port here is an adapter http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10428&cs_id=1042802&p_id=5969&seq=1&format=2 and cable I ordered http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024009&p_id=2529&seq=1&format=2.

This way the usb port can carry the audio into the adapter and then from there by way of the HDMI cable.

I am really anxious to see the Mac executable presentation through the tv.

I really want to commend those at Wnsoft for such a great product and it is great to be part of those here on this forum too.

Thanks Bill

Hello Ken, Greetings and thanks for your interest!!

I did a search on the net and found there was an update for Snow Leopard version 10.6.1 yesterday and this apparently is what my MacBook Pro automatically downloaded. As you mentioned I too check my operating system by the method you mentioned but this time it did it automatically. For those interested go here an read this Mac update:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL947

Thanks Bill

Bill

i am surprised the other Mac users did'nt pop in with an answer to help you out

btw

i am not a mac user but my brother has had several since his commdore days and just luv's to rub my nose into the fact of the superiorty of the OS

needless to say I tell him to __________it blink.gif

kencool.gif

Hello Ken, Actually I have been a pc user for years and just entered into the MAC system but my main desktop is a 3 year old pc with XP Pro which runs very fast.

Why the change? good question! I have been self-employed for around 30 years as an appliance repair tech but even that business has been changing like may other and today as you know we are a throw-away society although with the down turn in our economy I find a few customers are repairing older machines but it isn't as brisk as it once was so around 4 to 5 years ago I decided to include photography, photo-restoration and DVD building for some of my customers and I really enjoy it. Well, last January I updated my cameras to the EOS 5D MARK II and the EOS 50D and since the EOS 5D can take HD 1080P video I found my PC just couldn't run the files smoothly but read where for video editing that Mac "may" be better. I made the mistake and visited a local Apple store with a flash drive in hand with some of my Canon HD files. The rest is history. I am still using my pc since Proshow Producer, which I have been using for 4 years, hasn't had a MAC version but now seeing what the Mac executables look like on my new Mac I am excited about a stand alone edition of PicturesToExe for Mac. When that happens I will "probably" replace the desktop with an Apple desktop. Actually Ken are we fortunate to have such equipment for photography these days?

Bill

Glad to hear your report Tom and hope to achieve the same. I notice your adapter has both the USB and the RCA jack. Which do you use for the audio? Thanks Bill