WnSoft Forums

Where to get legal music?

snapshots photo

Obviously, I'm a new user and finally figured the program out. The help or printable instructions could be slightly more detailed for the "not computer savvy" but through pure experimentation I was able to create and burn my first slide show! What a powerful product!

Now, where can I find free music to download that won't land me in the "clinker?" I don't want to download something potentially harmful to me or my computer, but want to have more types of music available.

This forum is such a big help!! :D

Hi

I've tried to make part of my web site a resource for info on digital AV. You will find lots of information about sound & types of music etc. Take a look at www.digital-av.co.uk sometime.

Hope this helps

B)

BW Maureen

Maureen (and others)

The IAC in the UK has been mentioned many times on this forum as a source for Royalty Free music.

I have e-mailed them at least 4 times to express an interest, but have never been graced with a reply. :(

And I hold a British Passport and live in a former colony that still swears allegance to the Queen :D:D

Hi Jim

I am surprised they haven't replied to you -will forward your messsage and hope they answer.

Generally they are not themselves a source of "Royalty free" music -they manage licences, so we amateurs can stay legal & give us lots of advice. ;)

They have an e-mail forum but it usually deals with matters relating to the video side of photography, with occasional mentions of sound matters and copyright issues.

I would love to have my digital AVs seen by more people, but I know I can't upload them due to slow Internet connections at present & the copyright issues of the music I have used. I have recently been able to send some CDs of digital sequences to Florida and will be sending some to Australia sometime (when life gets calmer & quieter).

I've just found a wonderful lady :D who will write me little pieces as background music - so I may be able to upload something small one day or put it on my web site (no poaching my source Ian! :angry: - ....only kidding).

Hope I can at least get them to send a reply to you Jim.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Maureen

:D

Check EBAY! I live in the USA (Colorado) and have been looking for a place to get royalty free music for use with P2E, or popular music under license as our colleagues in Europe can. Unfortunately, the music recording industry is on a rampage over copyright violations from online swapping sites. I think they are well within their rights to do so, but it has made it difficult for me to get any information from them about a system such as is available in Great Britain. I sent an email asking about it and I thought I would have the police at my house before it was all over (they are really up tight about this stuff right now) I have decided to avoid the subject of copyrighted music for the near future at least.

I have found that royalty free music can be quite expensive to purchase from the source. I have started buying a collection on Ebay and have saved a lot of money! I know it won't be the music that my clients want, but they will have to live with it for now. If anyone has any other sources or information about this I would be very interested.

Mike

did you try

http://www.google.ca/search?q=royalty+free...le+Search&meta=

the reason i ask is because we have discussed this subject many times -- the bottom line is -- people dont like "free music" that is available

they want something from the top ten and they cant understand why you will not be able to do this.

ken B)

I've had good luck buying individual tracks from PBTM.com, which writes and records their own music, and sells per track, or per CD. A single track (most 3-5 min) sells for $20 USD, and can be downloaded immediately. They have a good selection of music with a variety of 'feels', and sell to a number of professional production companies, including for PBS specials, etc.

http://www.pbtm.com/index.html

-David