WnSoft Forums

Image Comparison

I use P2E to let clients view their portraits to place orders. The biggest complaint I get is that they cannot compare 2 images side by side.

Maybe a feature to allow comparisons of photos with a next/previous feature. In other words have two pics on the screen, If they like the one on the left (or right), they can advance the right (or left) image to the next/previous one and compare it.

Also a simultaneous zoom feature would be ideal too.

Doug

Hi Doug!

You can place more than one image in a frame in Objects & Animation, also if you enable key control in the Project Options you can use the arrow keys to advance or go back frame by frame. Space bar is stop and go and this is on the finished EXE . You just have to give a short instruction with the project to your client.

About the zoom? That I dont think you can do after the EXE has been produced. But again someone might have some idea on that.

Regards

Laszlo

Doug:

There was a thread on something very close to what you are asking not that long ago.

If I can find it I will post the link to it.

Maybe someone else will find it first.

The suggestions were along the lines of Laszlo's

Found it:

here

Actually,

It would be "possible" to do this (zoom) now via the "show Window" feature, but I'm not sure all the work would be worth it. You could set a button for each image with the button (or area of screen) to show a zoomed window for image 1 or image 2 when clicked on. It's not difficult to program, but I don't think PTE is really designed for this type of interactivity in terms of "choice." It's really not that type of program even though it can be used to display full resolution slides. There are specific software packages which are "interactive" in that you can do these types of things while the program is running, but not as a show completed and made executable.

I think for a photography business where the intent is to display side-by-side images, make a choice and proceed, PTE is not the proper tool. There are packages designed specifically for these purposes.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Doug!

You can place more than one image in a frame in Objects & Animation, also if you enable key control in the Project Options you can use the arrow keys to advance or go back frame by frame. Space bar is stop and go and this is on the finished EXE . You just have to give a short instruction with the project to your client.

About the zoom? That I dont think you can do after the EXE has been produced. But again someone might have some idea on that.

Regards

Laszlo

Hi Doug,

Most photographers use on-line type ordering programs so that the customer can go to the website, choose the "event" and see the images in various formats. Then the customer can pick and choose among the photos and order directly from your website.

A program like PTE can be used to easily make a CD or DVD of images, but interactivity is much easier via the web than by a resident software program unless the client can come to your studio to order and choose.

You're correct that you wouldn't want to install any software on their own computer. It's much better to have all the private viewing and selection of photos over the web than trying to do it with the inconvenience of the customer traveling to your location.

Here's a link to one such software. There are literally dozens, perhaps hundreds of these available:

http://www.eventphotosoftware.com/index.html

Take your time and find one which fits your own personal needs best, and use PTE for its intended purpose as a presentation slideshow product rather than a crippled sales tool. The software which is specifically designed to sell photos is much more useful for this purpose.

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks for the replies. I'll search for a program to use. Only problem is that I don't want to install a full program on the customer's computer for them to do side by sides.