WnSoft Forums

Problem adding key for updated Video Builder [SOLVED]

backpack45scb

My pte upgrade license expired Dec 20th. I didn't realize it till a fairly cryptic message appeared when I was working on a show. Anyway, I did find out that I needed to upgrade for $34, that went ok and I got a new key and downloaded the newest version. I was on 6.0 and it changed to 6.0.1 However, instructions that came with the key did not match the screen formats, they said look for burn dvd under file, it was actually under create, etc. I burned a dvd with the new software, and it never asked me for a key. I filed a ticket with support, and they just sent me a new key and said try this. I replied several days ago that I had a key, just no way to enter it and am still waiting for any response. Is there some hidden window I can invoke that will accept a key?

RalphA,

I burned a dvd with the new software, and it never asked me for a key.

Basically your older expired Dec 20th VB Key will always work as normal for anything you build using the PTEv6.01 released Dec. 3, 2009. Any future PTE versions released after your expired Dec 20th VB Key will require your new VB Key.

See this post from Igor :

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10089&view=findpost&p=65868

Since your older expired Dec 20th VB Key is still valid for PTEv6.01 ... PTE is not asking for your new VB Key just purchased. Im not aware of any menu/provisions in the PTE GUI to manually add a Key.

The only way I see is for your to hang on till the next future release asks you for your new updated VB Key ... or you can manually edit/add it into the Registry yourself if you feel capable enough to do so.

My pte upgrade license expired Dec 20th. I didn't realize it till a fairly cryptic message appeared when I was working on a show. Anyway, I did find out that I needed to upgrade for $34, that went ok and I got a new key and downloaded the newest version. I was on 6.0 and it changed to 6.0.1 However, instructions that came with the key did not match the screen formats, they said look for burn dvd under file, it was actually under create, etc. I burned a dvd with the new software, and it never asked me for a key. I filed a ticket with support, and they just sent me a new key and said try this. I replied several days ago that I had a key, just no way to enter it and am still waiting for any response. Is there some hidden window I can invoke that will accept a key?

I think they must have gone bust or something. I paid for the deluxe version on the 10th and was promised the license key within 24 hours. Seven days later, nothing. No response to emails and a brush off from the company that took the Paypal payment on their behalf. I have now opened a Paypal dispute and will be claiming a refund unless they cough up by 12:00 GMT. Time to move to ProShow Gold? Or does anyone know how I can get a response out of them?

OK, thanks for the replies. Now I understand the problem. It won't take key until an update comes out. However, I hope the clock doesn't start running on my two year renewal until the upgrade comes out. The only reason I got the upgrade was because a message came out saying I wouldn't get updates without an renewal. It also would have been helpful if support had just said "it won't ask you for the key until the next update" instead of just not replying.

This is not quite solved. I got a new pte.key file from support that is different from the usual pte.txt key. Double clicking the pte.key file applies the key to the registry. Only remaining problem is that my expiration date has moved to June 16, 2010 which is a six month extension, rather than the two year expiration I was expecting